Bought an external 2.5" USB 3.0 SATA Enclosure for my SSD. SSD not showing up.

Earfist

Hey guys.

As the title says. It doesn't show up in "My Computer". But I can find it here:

(Edit: "here" is in the Device Manager or w/e it's called in english :-))

4pFBqjz.png

Could you help me figure this out? Because I've no idea what to do.

I got the SSD from school. Will be using it for my work and stuff. Running virtual machines and other things. So installing it in my case is not an option since I've to take it with me almost every day.

Edit2: It also says the device is functioning. No errors when I go into properties.

Click start, right click Computer, click manage. In the window that opens click Disk Management on the left under Storage. Check if your SSD is listed. If you need to, assign it a drive letter, ootherwise if it is marked as Unallocated then create it an allocation. I would normally explain it more thoroughly though I'm on my phone.

If the SSD isn't listed at all check its plugged in correctly. It requires a SATA data and power cable, often people will forget the power cable. Best of luck!

Click start, right click Computer, click manage. In the window that opens click Disk Management on the left under Storage. Check if your SSD is listed. If you need to, assign it a drive letter, ootherwise if it is marked as Unallocated then create it an allocation. I would normally explain it more thoroughly though I'm on my phone.

If the SSD isn't listed at all check its plugged in correctly. It requires a SATA data and power cable, often people will forget the power cable. Best of luck!

Problem solved!