1st time PC build

Pav

Hi,

I'm hoping that somebody here will help me out with building a PC rig for gaming. I tend to play a lot of FPS games eg battlefield 4 and I want to upgrade from my Acer Aspire laptop. Although it runs BF4 well most of the time, I very rarely get to above 30FPS on medium settings. After about 6 months Iv'e decided it's time for an upgrade. My budget is around £925, and I have come up with a rig, but I was wondering if somebody could help me tweak it/check compatibility etc. I will most likely be running 1 or 2 1080p monitors. Mouse and keyboard are not included in the cost as I have already decided which ones I will be purchasing and will be getting those before I start my build, however a monitor is included in this price, so any suggestions as to a replacement for the one I have selected would be appreciated. I would also be interested in potentially adding a 2nd video card at some point in the future.

Parts are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k - £167.50

Motherboard: Asus Z97-K - £94.41

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB - £65.00

Storage: Western Digital 1 TB - Black - £54.99

Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB SSD - £55.00

Video Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2 GB - £158.99

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 - £22.99

WiFi adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN3800 N600 - £25.98

PSU: Corsair Builder series CX750M - £64.98

Case: Zalman Z11 plus - £49.99

Monitor: Acer G246HL 24" - £124.07

Total cost: £903.89

As I said, please let me know if anything I have specified would be too overpowered eg power supply, and if there is another option with similar but cheaper/better and similarly priced, and also if any of this is even going to work together. Future upgrades are likely to include an extra 8 GB of RAM and a second video card, along with a second, larger monitor (likely 27").

Thanks in advance

Pav

Hi,

I'm hoping that somebody here will help me out with building a PC rig for gaming. I tend to play a lot of FPS games eg battlefield 4 and I want to upgrade from my Acer Aspire laptop. Although it runs BF4 well most of the time, I very rarely get to above 30FPS on medium settings. After about 6 months Iv'e decided it's time for an upgrade. My budget is around £925, and I have come up with a rig, but I was wondering if somebody could help me tweak it/check compatibility etc. I will most likely be running 1 or 2 1080p monitors. Mouse and keyboard are not included in the cost as I have already decided which ones I will be purchasing and will be getting those before I start my build, however a monitor is included in this price, so any suggestions as to a replacement for the one I have selected would be appreciated. I would also be interested in potentially adding a 2nd video card at some point in the future.

Parts are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k - £167.50

Motherboard: Asus Z97-K - £94.41

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB - £65.00

Storage: Western Digital 1 TB - Black - £54.99

Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB SSD - £55.00

Video Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2 GB - £158.99

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 - £22.99

WiFi adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN3800 N600 - £25.98

PSU: Corsair Builder series CX750M - £64.98

Case: Zalman Z11 plus - £49.99

Monitor: Acer G246HL 24" - £124.07

Total cost: £903.89

As I said, please let me know if anything I have specified would be too overpowered eg power supply, and if there is another option with similar but cheaper/better and similarly priced, and also if any of this is even going to work together. Future upgrades are likely to include an extra 8 GB of RAM and a second video card, along with a second, larger monitor (likely 27").

Thanks in advance

Pav

try this it's a combo with your cpu http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Z97-G45-Gaming-LGA1150-Motherboard/dp/B00K8KODYQ/ref=pd_bxgy_computers_img_z

sound cards are a COMPLETE waste of money- especially for £20- that money could go elsewhere, for example, you could get a better graphics card possibly a 770 for the extra cash. 

here is what I would make with your budget- a bit over but you could swing it with some deals.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Chucky40/saved/p2gZxr

he can get the os even cheaper off G2A.com as well

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Thanks to all 3 of you, I've looked at everything you've suggested so far, and I like several things you've suggested, my only question is about the legitimacy of G2A.com? I've heard of it before, but why is it so cheap?