SOL Republic Amps HD (Earphones) Review

Sol Amps HD Review (Quick Review)

post-616-0-44506800-1370600485.jpg

The SOL Amps HD has a superb sound quality at its price point ($100 AUD) compared to Beats ($200). The Amps HD provides a strong, deep yet clear bass even at high volumes. The "i6 sound" provides high clarity and crisp  vocals. The in-ear headphones comes with music and mic control. The accessories includes the carrying case, four different ear tips (Sizes) plus a one year warranty and ear tips replacement for life.

The sound quality - The sound quality of the Amps HD were pretty high up, it provide deep and powerful bass but not muddy, the vocals were crisp and the clarity was decent. The highs, mids and lows were all wonderfully crisp.

SOL Amp HD - The earphones themselves have a soft rubber coating and a non-tangle cable. The music and mic control is very slick which blends in with the cable. The ear buds are bigger than most average earphones but I don't mind it.  

post-616-0-74431500-1370600524.jpg

The Ear tips are comfortable and fit perfectly for me for maximum noise cancelation, maximum sound quality and comfort. The ear tips comes with a life replacements for the ear tips in case any are lost and ear tips are very easy to lose. Kudos to SOL.

SOL has also include a carrying case with their Amp HD which is a soft rubber to protect your earphones when not in use. Personally I do not use the carrying case because it just adds travel weight and bulk but always a nice addition to have.

post-616-0-93097600-1370600560.jpg

The music and mic control I personally don't use so I have no personal opinion on that but always a nice thing to have extras.

SOL also includes a one year warranty.  

Overall, the SOL Amp HD are excellent earphones with good sound quality and slick designs with some neat extras easily beating Beats Tour Earphones. I rate the Amp HD a 8/10 for sound quality, 8.5/10 for design and 8.5/10 for features making that a overall average score of 8.3/10.

post-616-0-70243100-1370600584.jpg

post-616-0-65594500-1370600617.jpg

(Sorry for bad quality photos as this was taken with a iPhone 4S rear camera because I currently do not have my DSLR with my)

*Note* This is also my very first review. 

Photo quality isn't too shabby, at least you made them sharp and to the point :)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.