Temps vrs Coolers

Ghost

I thought it would be nice for people to post their temps and what cooler/cpu/clock speed they have.

To keep it nicely ordered put it in this format:

CPU - Clock Delta (OC clock speed - stock clock speed) - Temp Delta idle/load (cpu temp - air temp) - Cooling solution

As an example (completly made up figures):

3750k - 900MHz - 20C/50C - H80i

I will try and keep all the results at the top updated.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T - 600MHz(3.83GHz - 3.2GHz) - 40C/60C - Noctua NH-D14

If we get these rolling in I will start building up an excel spread sheet and post the link here. Hopefully we can get some nice graphs showing which coolers are best.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Which cooler being the best is a bit tricky because everybody would have different cases hence different airflow and some temperatures are questionable as they may be looking at the wrong readings or there could just a software glitch.

Thats the think people will have different cases with different amount of airflow. Different coolers are gonna be using different fans so they will also be a factor. The speed of the fans on the cooler will also be another factor. The list is effectively endless and there are many other things that could effect the temps

Exactly getting an average would be nice.

i5 3570k (stock clocks, up to 3,8GHz with the turbo) - 30C idle - 50C load - Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro

For a budget, I think the Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro is a great choice, I paid 22€ for mine. On a full load with my stock i5 3570k I hit about dead on 50C.

i7-3960x @ 4.6GHz - 32C Idle, 64C full load - Noctua NH-D14 (3x fans)

I did add 3 fans as mentioned above, before this I was idling at about 45C. Apparently the NH-D14 has (at least been reported) to have very poor experience in a vertical enviroment, considering I'm in a TJ-11 I had this exact issue.

Also:

i5-2500k @ 4,5GHz - 25C Idle, 42C load - NH-D14 (2 fans).

It's an expensive heatsink, but a good one (in a horizontal orientation). If you're running a i5-2500k, a Hyper 212-series will be a more optimal choice in price.

965 BE @ 3,9GHz (stock 3,4GHz) - 35C Idle, 53C full load - Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro

I think the Freezer 13 Pro is great if you have an intel cpu or an case with a exhaust at the top, because with an amd you can only mount it pushing the hot air up against the top of the case or pushing it down to the gpu

-  AMD Phenom II X4 965BE - Asrock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro - 2x 4GB G.Skill - AMD Radeon 7850 VTX3D X-Edition 2GB - Samsung 840 120GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - WD Green 320GB - Thermaltake SmartPower 530W -

- Logitech G500 - Steelseries Qck - Sennheiser HD449 + Zalman MIC1 - Corsair Vengeance K70 -

2500k @ 3.3GHz

32C/54C - Hyper 212 (1 fan)

Why do you quote yourself?

Amd Phehon II x6 1090T - 1600Mhz (4.8Ghz - 3.2Ghz) - 31°C / 83°C - Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 (included fans)

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

@Dr3nzrm, jesus christ, 4.8GHz, how did you manage to do that?

Yeah I just noticed how high that is actually. he must have won the silicon lottery.

Lucky bugger, that's a 1GHz difference from my overclock.

i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz, 1.312V. Idle - 5.5C, load - 33.5C. Phanteks PH-TC14PE with the two stock fans.

I just got this cooler about a week ago to replace my CM 212+, super impressed with it so far.

Edit: 1.312v, wasn't able to edit the post previously.

i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz, 1.312V. Idle - 5.5C, load - 33.5C. Phanteks PH-TC14PE with the two stock fans.

I just got this cooler about a week ago to replace my CM 212+, super impressed with it so far.

Edit: 1.312v, wasn't able to edit the post previously.

1.39V, are you sure?

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

i5 2500K @ 4GHz, 1.12V - 33° / 60° - Prolimatech Armageddon ( 2x 140mm bequiet Shadow Wings @ 700rpm)

Good looking cooler with good performance :)

AMD Phenom II X4 965BE - 400MHz(3.83GHz - 3.4GHz) - 12C/28C (19C ambient) - Scythe Yasya

Love it. :D

Intel I7 3770K 400MHz(4.3GHz - 3.9GHz) 35C Idle - 50C gaming - 80C on 100% load (i messed up the thermal compound but I'm to lazy to reapply it :D ) NZXT Havik with 2x140mm Stock Fans

O.O, 1.54V. In the hot Australian summer no way my NH-D14 can hold up, i would have to get watercooling.