Overclockers UK and Manli releasing a GTX 970 with a 980 (NVTTM) reference cooler.

Since the release of the GTX 970, users have been clamoring on multiple forums asking for the release of a GTX 970 but with a 980 (NVTTM) reference cooler.

The reasons stem from the fact that users do not want to spend money on OEM blower designed coolers as they usually run louder and hotter than the 980 (NVTTM) reference cooler counter-part or the fact that the NVTTM cooler just has a certain look that other blower designed coolers don't have.

Enter overclockers uk and manli who have answered the prayers of those who wanted that cooler:

GX-205-OK_98232_600.jpg

I really hope the sticker on the card is an optional thing as in other pictures it shows the card without the sticker:

GX-205-OK_97657_600.jpg

It even comes with the 980 backplate:

GX-205-OK_98233_600.jpg

Manli, the OEM who are making this card also have a product page dedicated to the card:

http://www.manli.com/en/product/geforce-gtx970-nv

Overclockers UK are selling it under their own 'OcUK' brand and can be found here:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-205-OK

It is expensive though for a 970, costing £319.99. But if you are looking for a 970 with the 980 (NVTTM) cooler, this is the only way to get one for now.

UPDATE:

A member of OcUK staff has stated that the board itself uses a reference NVIDIA BGA board, so it is not a board with skimped out components:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27035387&postcount=12

If it would have just as good cooling as my MSI Twin frozr then I would be really sad that I didn't wait for this one. This is by far the best looking cooler on the market, nothing beats it

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

FUCK! Hhhnnnngggggggnn

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I am mildly erect, however I hope that this isn't just a clever way of being able to harvest cheaply and sell a lot of low binned chips.

That GTX 970 looks pretty... *put sunglasses on* Manli...

uM6gTerh.jpg

Now, if only Nvidia and the other manufacturers would get their heads out of their asses and do this normally.

Gimme dat LED logo, and gimme dat sexeh cooler if you want my $325+ bucks. I don't fucking care if it costs you $10-$20 more per unit, give me a reason to spend my money on you.

Edit: this also begs the question....what in the actual fuck are they doing with the 980's they ripped the coolers off of?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I am mildly erect, however I hope that this isn't just a clever way of being able to harvest cheaply and sell a lot of low binned chips.

A member of OcUK staff has said that the board itself uses a reference NVIDIA BGA board, so there is no worry about the quality of the components:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27035387&postcount=12

Now, if only Nvidia and the other manufacturers would get their heads out of their asses and do this normally.

Then the 980 becomes an even harder sell, this is exactly the 670/680 situation again where both cards are on the same chip and perform not so far apart with a big price gap.

700 series avoided this issue by having the 780 on a different chip and more membus/VRAM etc but not Kepler GK104 and not Maxwell GM204, and duly you see that EVGA sold 770s with this cooler on them.

I thought bestbuy was supposed to sell NVTTM 970s

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Omg yes

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Gimme dat LED logo, and gimme dat sexeh cooler if you want my $325+ bucks. I don't fucking care if it costs you $10-$20 more per unit, give me a reason to spend my money on you.

Edit: this also begs the question....what in the actual fuck are they doing with the 980's they ripped the coolers off of?

OCUK sell pre-waterblocked cards.. maybe those

That wouldn't work as the shrouds would have "GTX 980" written on them instead of "GTX 970". I can only assume these are custom made.

Are they engraved then? I thought they were just stickers :P

Never had the privilege of using a nvidia high end GPU.

Are they engraved then? I thought they were just stickers :P

Never had the privilege of using a nvidia high end GPU.

Neither have i, i assume they are engraved. They look like they are as they appear to have depth.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP