Holy mother of bad looking smartwatches

Norman_the_Owl

As I said in another Apple Watch thread, it reminds me of a Hot Pocket. 

The only thing i like about it is that it comes in 2 sizes, i have small hands/wrists and a full size smartwatch is too big for me.Not that i care although, i never planned to get a smartwatch anyway...

On the other hand it reminds me of the 1st gen iphone from god know how many years ago. Bottomline its not pretty.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Well, the bands are interchangeable, so you can change from sporty to active to classy. The Samsung Gear or even the Moto 360 don't have interchangeable bands, do they?

Moto 360 has interchangable bands, and i think the newer samsung watches do to

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

He gets so much wrong about it I'm almost surprised it's him talking.

Samsung wouldn't design a product like that, nor would any other manufacturer that isn't design focused like Apple is. He pulls the "put an Apple logo on it and it sells" bit which is not provable nor true, and doesn't understand what the digital crown is for either. The digital crown replaces pinch to zoom because pinch to zoom is impractical on a small screen, as evidenced by the keynote. Left handed users can flip the watch around and the crown is on the right side. I could think of more but I don't have the time right now.

The reality is this beats the pulp out of the Android smart watches, especially if it has good battery life. The build quality and materials are unmatched. He's saying it's not finger friendly, but then doesn't explain why. Whether or not you think smart watches are necessary, it's kind of strange the complaints he has with it. 

No, he's pretty much spot on with everything other than the left handed quip, which was a minor detail anyway.

And samsung did produce a bunch of stuff like this, and it sold horribly. They made severable wearables that only worked with samsung devices and they're now all but forgotten about.

And you still you still don't know that it either is better than andriod wear watches, or if it has good build quality. It's not even in full production yet i don't think.

And he does say why it's not finger friendly, because all of the icons are small and if you go to interact with one your finger will be covering it up.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

On the other hand it reminds me of the 1st gen iphone from god know how many years ago. Bottomline its not pretty.

I had the same exact reaction when I first saw the photo.

The concept of the watch is pretty good; some features makes sense and some of them don't. Probably to add value to the watch but ultimately unnecessary in my opinion (why I'd want to send my heartbeat to someone is just weird).

I don't see myself buying a smart watch anytime soon but if I'd choose, I'd probably get the Moto360 

I had the same exact reaction when I first saw the photo.

The concept of the watch is pretty good; some features makes sense and some of them don't. Probably to add value to the watch but ultimately unnecessary in my opinion (why I'd want to send my heartbeat to someone is just weird).

I don't see myself buying a smart watch anytime soon but if I'd choose, I'd probably get the Moto360 

At this point if i HAD to buy a smartwatch it would be the LG Gwatch R, it has an actual fully circular display(the moto 360 has a black bar at the bottom, and its even more bonerblocker when you see the watchface doesnt have the 6 bc of it...) and just the design is smexy on that thing. On the stock photos it even looks slimmer than the competition.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

No, he's pretty much spot on with everything other than the left handed quip, which was a minor detail anyway. No. He missed a lot, like finger friendliness.

And samsung did produce a bunch of stuff like this, and it sold horribly. They made severable wearables that only worked with samsung devices and they're now all but forgotten about. Because not only were they incompatible with other devices, they sucked. Plastic hunks of junk that were completely and utterly useless.

And you still you still don't know that it either is better than andriod wear watches, or if it has good build quality. It's not even in full production yet i don't think. It's made of solid steel, aluminum, and gold. You can hold out hope that it's not going to be of good build, but those materials traditionally don't break very easily.

And he does say why it's not finger friendly, because all of the icons are small and if you go to interact with one your finger will be covering it up. Which is what the wheel is for. If you even watched the whole keynote, you can also use Glances just like cards on Android wear. You can select apps either by tapping or zooming in on them. They really aren't that small, I think he's used to Android OEM's touch accuracy where Apple's is much higher because they practically invented this generation of touch interactive devices.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No, he's pretty much spot on with everything other than the left handed quip, which was a minor detail anyway. No. He missed a lot, like finger friendliness.

And samsung did produce a bunch of stuff like this, and it sold horribly. They made severable wearables that only worked with samsung devices and they're now all but forgotten about. Because not only were they incompatible with other devices, they sucked. Plastic hunks of junk that were completely and utterly useless.

And you still you still don't know that it either is better than andriod wear watches, or if it has good build quality. It's not even in full production yet i don't think. It's made of solid steel, aluminum, and gold. You can hold out hope that it's not going to be of good build, but those materials traditionally don't break very easily.

And he does say why it's not finger friendly, because all of the icons are small and if you go to interact with one your finger will be covering it up. Which is what the wheel is for. If you even watched the whole keynote, you can also use Glances just like cards on Android wear. You can select apps either by tapping or zooming in on them. They really aren't that small, I think he's used to Android OEM's touch accuracy where Apple's is much higher because they practically invented this generation of touch interactive devices.

The samsung devices were all solidy built, lol. Samsung didn't make it's watches out of plastic. It's practically the same thing.

And please, stop with the build quality. We don't know till we see it. Just because apple has a good track record, doesn't mean they can't mess it up.

And the wheel is even worse than the lack of "finger friendliness", have you ever tried operating the dials on the sides of watches? It's awkward as all hell.

And there's really no noticeable difference between apple and android  touch tracking, and they really are that small.

The samsung devices were all solidy built, lol. Samsung didn't make it's watches out of plastic. It's practically the same thing.

And please, stop with the build quality. We don't know till we see it. Just because apple has a good track record, doesn't mean they can't mess it up.

And the wheel is even worse than the lack of "finger friendliness", have you ever tried operating the dials on the sides of watches? It's awkward as all hell.

And there's really no noticeable difference between apple and android  touch tracking, and they really are that small.

No, it doesn't mean they CAN'T mess it up. However acting like a good track record doesn't count for anything is purely preposterous.

Samsung DID make its watches out of plastic. I urge you to prove otherwise. Their watch is a screen inset into a molded plastic band. Ugly as shit and cheaply made.

The dial on the Apple watch is bigger than the tiny crowns. You're arguing with me over details that you'd understand if you'd watched the keynote, but you evidently prefer to senselessly bash a product you haven't even seen much less used yet instead.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No, it doesn't mean they CAN'T mess it up. However acting like a good track record doesn't count for anything is purely preposterous.

Samsung DID make its watches out of plastic. I urge you to prove otherwise. Their watch is a screen inset into a molded plastic band. Ugly as shit and cheaply made.

The dial on the Apple watch is bigger than the tiny crowns. You're arguing with me over details that you'd understand if you'd watched the keynote, but you evidently prefer to senselessly bash a product you haven't even seen much less used yet instead.

You're seriously hardcore fanboying over this watch.

And having a good track record surely matters, it just isn't the only factor. Things have been changing quick at apple, how do you know it's still going to be great?

And metal. The band is a rubbery plastic, but it's not like that matters, compared to how preposterously bad the rest of the watch is :P

Samsung+Galaxy+Gear+2.jpg

The Apple watch is ugly.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

You're seriously hardcore fanboying over this watch. Fanboy is clearly a verb. What's your point here, trying to discredit me? That's what calling people names is supposed to do. Cut out the ad hominem please.

And having a good track record surely matters, it just isn't the only factor. Things have been changing quick at apple, how do you know it's still going to be great? How do you know it isn't? It looks aesthetically more pleasing than the other watches, personally I think the 360 is its only competitor and if the battery life is better it's easily the best.

And metal. The band is a rubbery plastic, but it's not like that matters, compared to how preposterously bad the rest of the watch is :P Exactly. It's not even nice metal though, I wore one for a few days. It's cheap, feels like wearing a tin can on your wrist.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The Apple watch is ugly.

It kinda reminded me of a pill

You're seriously hardcore fanboying over this watch. Fanboy is clearly a verb. What's your point here, trying to discredit me? That's what calling people names is supposed to do. Cut out the ad hominem please.

And having a good track record surely matters, it just isn't the only factor. Things have been changing quick at apple, how do you know it's still going to be great? How do you know it isn't? It looks aesthetically more pleasing than the other watches, personally I think the 360 is its only competitor and if the battery life is better it's easily the best.

And metal. The band is a rubbery plastic, but it's not like that matters, compared to how preposterously bad the rest of the watch is :P Exactly. It's not even nice metal though, I wore one for a few days. It's cheap, feels like wearing a tin can on your wrist.

And how do you know the Apple watch won't feel like a tin can on your wrist? Oh wait, you don't, because IT'S NOT OUT YET.

And calling you a fanboy doesn't discredit you, i'm just saying it looks like you have a raging hard on for everything apple

And how do you know the Apple watch won't feel like a tin can on your wrist? Oh wait, you don't, because IT'S NOT OUT YET. Because it's made of steel and it's thicker. The bands aren't cheaply made either. 

And calling you a fanboy doesn't discredit you, i'm just saying it looks like you have a raging hard on for everything apple What does "cut the ad hominem" mean to you?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

And how do you know the Apple watch won't feel like a tin can on your wrist? Oh wait, you don't, because IT'S NOT OUT YET. Because it's made of steel and it's thicker. The bands aren't cheaply made either. 

And calling you a fanboy doesn't discredit you, i'm just saying it looks like you have a raging hard on for everything apple What does "cut the ad hominem" mean to you?

"Cut the ad hominem" means to me that you're not paying attention. I'm not denying your arguments by calling you a fanboy, I'm telling you you're getting ridiculous

And how do you know the bands are well made if  you have felt/seen one in person?

"Cut the ad hominem" means to me that you're not paying attention. I'm not denying your arguments by calling you a fanboy, I'm telling you you're getting ridiculous How does telling you to stop using a logical fallacy mean I'm not paying attention?

And how do you know the bands are well made if  you have felt/seen one in person? Because they're fucking made out of good materials. Good materials don't feel shitty. 

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

"Cut the ad hominem" means to me that you're not paying attention. I'm not denying your arguments by calling you a fanboy, I'm telling you you're getting ridiculous How does telling you to stop using a logical fallacy mean I'm not paying attention?

And how do you know the bands are well made if  you have felt/seen one in person? Because they're fucking made out of good materials. Good materials don't feel shitty. 

Good materials feel shitty if they're used in shitty ways

And you're not paying attention, because i'm not calling you a fanboy as an argument, i was just pointing out an observation

And you're not paying attention, because i'm not calling you a fanboy as an argument, i was just pointing out an observation

It doesn't matter whether you're using it as an argument. It's still an ad hominem attack. But you're 15 so I don't expect you to know that. Nor should you be required to. Please just avoid it when trying to engage in logical discourse though.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It doesn't matter whether you're using it as an argument. It's still an ad hominem attack. But you're 15 so I don't expect you to know that. Nor should you be required to. Please just avoid it when trying to engage in logical discourse though.

Hahahahahhah, you call it a logical discourse yet you call out my age and continue to repeat the same stuff over and over again! Oh man, my sides

I'm not convinced in the design either. Two things that should have been different:

1. The crown should have been in the middle and serve the function of the button as well (unless pressing the crown already does something).

2. It should have been more round, perhaps even circular.

The problem about smart watches in general is that a watch is about brand, design and fashion. It's a jewellery, really. Smart watches are gadgets which is fine, but they forget all the traditions and principles that make wrist watches something fashionable to wear. They should combine the traditional fashion statement with the modern technology. How? No idea, but not like that. The Moto 360 comes closer to that goal, I believe, because it looks more like a traditional watch.

Hahahahahhah, you call it a logical discourse yet you call out my age and continue to repeat the same stuff over and over again! Oh man, my sides

I was giving you a pass to be logically unsound given your age. Is that not fair?

I could start calling you stupid because of your age, but that would be rude. Just like it was rude how you tried to brand me as stupid because I like Apple products. It doesn't work, kid. Cut the crap and stop calling people names.

The Moto 360 comes closer to that goal, I believe, because it looks more like a traditional watch.

But you can't change the bands on it and it only comes in two colors. The bands and colors are what they nailed on the Apple watch. 

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I was giving you a pass to be logically unsound given your age. Is that not fair?

I could start calling you stupid because of your age, but that would be rude. Just like it was rude how you tried to brand me as stupid because I like Apple products. It doesn't work, kid. Cut the crap and stop calling people names.

But you can't change the bands on it and it only comes in two colors. The bands and colors are what they nailed on the Apple watch. 

No, it's not fair because you're saying young people are idiots.

And yes, you are calling me stupid because of my age, and i never branded you as stupid for liking apple products. I merely stated you like apple products. I also never called you any names until right about now, you dense piece of shit.

BTW you can change the bands on the moto 360. I don't think it's officially supported, but you can do it, I don't know if they're a standard size or whatever, but they're easily removable.

Edit: The metal bands that are coming later will also be available separately, so they will presumably be easily interchangeable. The bands, that is.

No, it's not fair because you're saying young people are idiots.

And yes, you are calling me stupid because of my age, and i never branded you as stupid for liking apple products. I merely stated you like apple products. I also never called you any names until right about now, you dense piece of shit.

I'm not calling you stupid because of your age. Never have, never will. I simply realized that most 15 year olds don't understand logical fallacies. It's an unfair standard to hold you to, that was my point.

You're really getting angry now though, you call me a fan boy, then claim you've never called me names.

Your previous posts in the thread prove that you haven't watched the keynote for the Apple Watch much less looked into it deeply, so I suggest you stop commenting on it until you have, for everyone's sake.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm not calling you stupid because of your age. Never have, never will. I simply realized that most 15 year olds don't understand logical fallacies. It's an unfair standard to hold you to, that was my point.

You're really getting angry now though, you call me a fan boy, then claim you've never called me names.

Your previous posts in the thread prove that you haven't watched the keynote for the Apple Watch much less looked into it deeply, so I suggest you stop commenting on it until you have, for everyone's sake.

Why do you think being a fanboy is bad? I said you're a fanboy, that's not calling you a nasty name, that's a categorization.

And if calling young people illogical isn't an insult, i don't know what is.

Also, haven't watched the keynote itself, but i read through some key notes (no pun intended) on the event.

And i still think the apple watch is going to flop, thank you very much

Why do you think being a fanboy is bad? I said you're a fanboy, that's not calling you a nasty name, that's a categorization. I'm sorry, you weren't exactly using fanboy in a complimentary context.

And if calling young people illogical isn't an insult, i don't know what is. I didn't call you illogical, I said that I shouldn't hold you to such a high standard simply because you're not ready yet. It doesn't mean you're illogical.

Also, haven't watched the keynote itself, but i read through some key notes (no pun intended) on the event. If you watch the keynote, perhaps your opinion of its look would change. You probably have a lot of misconceptions you don't realize.

And i still think the apple watch is going to flop, thank you very much Good for you. Let's wait and see instead of speculating wildly, hm?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /