ASUS Rampage III Extreme 24 GB - 16 GB Available

Hi everyone im new at this forum..

i have problem with my motherboard and memory..

i have installed 24 GB ram memory Hyper X 1600 MHz 6x4 GB

and my bios and windows see only 16 GB ?

and cpuz see all 24 GB ram ?

i did many question to people but no one could help me ?

so i dont know what to do how to fix this problem -.- ?

some one have any idea or had same problem like me ?

thanks..

my pc..

I7 950- Coler Master V8

Asus Rampage III Extreme

Kingstone HyperX DDR3 1600 Mhz

Ocz Vertex 3 SSD 128 GB

Thermaltake 875W

Haf X

EVGA GTX 570

Firstly i would reseat all your ram, could be due to a faulty connection somewhere.

If that doesn't work, test each ram stick individually ( put 1 ram stick in, load windows, check to see if it is found ) repeat for rest.

If it still isn't detected try this:

Go into your BIOS, there should be XMP. If it's set to auto change it to Profile 1 or something similar. Be careful doing this as it will change your RAM timings, and it may not post.

If it still doesn't show, it may just be a Windows issue, or something wrong with your motherboard, or even your CPU.

Like Dave said, it really sounds like it could be an XMP Profile thing. That's in your BIOS for sure.

I would take out one stick. Here is what I would try with the slot layout. I have the same motherboard.

(RAM)

I/O CPU | | | | | |

1 2 3 4 5 6

GPU

Take out stick 5 and see if you can get it to recognize 20GB of RAM.

If that doesn't work, then power the system off but keep the power supply on. Press the GO button (a little red button to the right of the memory banks) and the computer will start up with "safe" memory settings. If this works, report back and we will go from there.

hi every one again..

Dave :) u put one stick to each chanel of motherboard and 1,2 5,6 work fine and bot pc, 3,4 Chanel B dont work !!

Money i try with xmp same ram memory still 16 GB

Are you running Windows 7 Home Premium? Because the RAM limit for Win7 HP is 16GB, but if it isn't detected in the bios, then that most likely isn't the problem... but it won't hurt to look.

ryan9298b2 i tryed stick 5 take out , and now i have 12 GB ram

i have windows 7 ultimae x64

You said previously that Channel B doesn't work. That would be a problem that can't be fixed, and you would need to RMA the motherboard.

hi every one again.. Dave :) u put one stick to each chanel of motherboard and 1' date='2 5,6 work fine and bot pc, 3,4 Chanel B dont work !! [/quote']

There's your problem.

If you leave that channel out, can your PC recognize the remaining RAM?

if i leav chanel b out stick 3,4 wiht out rams

my bios know 16 gb windows 16 gb and cpuz 16 gb... -.- !!

You can also change "Memory Configuration Protect" to the opposite setting (if it is enabled, disable it... if it is disabled, enable it) but try the sticks in just 3 and 4 and post back first.

i tryed this before pust stick 3,4 but my pc wont bot up, just stay like in sleep mode no scren..

i tryed memory configuration enable, memory protect enable...

everytime i power on pc i get 3-4 time restart from emory protect and memory confoguration, and at last i still have same ram memory in load :) ??

really stupid problem..

check photo i show u with cpuz each stick of memory and i know all of them..

http://s7.postimage.org/4crajk0cb/IMG_0003.jpg

i didnt for bios one update from desktop software,

and for bios two i didnt update from bios 1502 its was all correct ..

i tryed some diferent version of bios but same problem..

Not flashing a new bios, but actually pressing the hardware button on the I/O of the mother board with the Circular arrow thing. This will clear the BIOS. Do this, again, with the system off, but the powersupply on.

aha u talking for buton on motherboard around and usb ports, i presed thet buton when my pc was turned off, and i turned on and no effect, damn this is really stupid problem i dont know what to do -.- ?

OK, this is going to get complicated. Download this program: MemTest86+ from ... and put a blank USB flash drive into the computer. Run the program that you downloaded and it will ask which drive you want to install it on. Select the empty flash drive. If it asks you to format, and there is nothing on it, select yes. Once it says that is has completed, shut down your computer and put the flash drive in (make sure that all 6 sticks of memory are in). Boot up and as soon as an image comes on your monitor, press F2 and F8 alternately every .5 of a second until you get a blue list of boot devices. Select the flash drive and let the program run. This will test for faulty memory. Let it run for 3+ passes. This will take ALOT of time 6+ Hours. If there aren't any errors after 3 passes then I don't know what else to tell you. The only thing I know is that if the sticks don't work individually in 3 and 4, then you probably have a "DOA" (but not really) motherboard and you will need to RMA it. Report back when you either get an error or wind up with 3+ passes passed.

i will do this tomorrow and i will tell you back, thanks man for helping me :)

I had the same problem on a Rampage II Extreme, after a will it showed 24 agai, magic :) and since then it showed in the task manager some times 20 some times 24.

6x4gig would only work for 3 channels of memory. populate your memory into 3 of the channels instead of trying to spread it out on 4. that might work. you need 8 sticks or 4 sticks to do 4 channel memory. the chipset will freak out with unequal population of the channels.

EDIT: if you meant 4x6 you could try moving the memory to the secondary slots. but since the memory is detected just not usable i suspect you have 6 sticks of 4 gig memory, which will only work right if you populate it in a 3 channel configuration.