Impatience?

Okay, there is something you must know about me: I am very impatient, when I want something, I want it instantly, no matter the price.

Now I am going to buy a OnePlusOne from a person without an invite, however I am going to do this on the 22th, why? Because then I receive my money again!

But I am soooo impatient that I am considering other smartphones with large batteries. But none of them stand up to the OnePlusOne, they all have something wrong with them. The Oppo N1 looks good, but it has no 4gLTE.... and still on the snapdragon 600 (nothing wrong with it but I want 800 or higher)

The Xiaomi is just ugly, the Samsung's build quality is not acceptable for me, the HTC One Max is still on the 600 + the camera is lacking and the butt ugly fingerprint scanner. The LG G2 has a nice battery but the build quality puts me off....

So tell me, how do I wait 15 days? :x

Luckily I am off because summer until that time, but still.....it's pretty bad not to be able to get something that I want.

I keep telling myself: Being patient is good, being patient is good.

But it doesn't help.

I guess I am spoiled in that aspect.

If only the OnePlus wasn't so damn elusive. I am surprised you don't have to do a  ritual for the invite to activate next to your pc involving a satanic symbol with 1+  written in blood in the center.

YOU ARE TAKING TOO LONG TO GET TO THE POINT!!!

I NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!

jokes

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

how much are you paying for this black market Oneplus One?

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

You need a doctor

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

@coolkingler1 Looks like your stuck in a pickle. How to put you off for 15 days. Maybe you could design an app specifically for the Oneplus 1 phone? or agree that if you do buy another phone you will let me have it for 6 months :P

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

how much are you paying for this black market Oneplus One?

It's a original one, but he just didn't want it anymore. :) Around 380 euro. 

You need a doctor

You need an etiquette lesson.

you will let me have it for 6 months :P

Wuuuuuuuuut.

You need a doctor

rekt

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

rekt

Only the first minute.

get a lenovo k900 :P it looks soooo good 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

What is it exactly that you want us to say?

You are making rather shortsighted and less that optimal decisions based on impatience.....

Kinda hard to respond to that....we can't exactly praise you for that.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

get a lenovo k900 :P it looks soooo good 

Not for me. :x Also battery not big enough.

What is it exactly that you want us to say?

You are making rather shortsighted and less that optimal decisions based on impatience.....

Kinda hard to respond to that....we can't exactly praise you for that.

I didn't want praise, I never said I wanted praise, i never implied I wanted praise, I never hinted I wanted praise, I never went in the direction of discussion of wanting praise, I never flat out told I wanted praise, I never.

I don't want praise, but not insult either, I want tips on how to deal with impatience, instant gratification and such. It's a bad habit.

I didn't want praise, I never said I wanted praise, i never implied I wanted praise, I never hinted I wanted praise, I never went in the direction of discussion of wanting praise, I never flat out told I wanted praise, I never.

I don't want praise, but not insult either, I want tips on how to deal with impatience, instant gratification and such. It's a bad habit.

Why do you think the poster meant it as an insult? Maybe he was serious.

But there really isn't any other way than simply forcing yourself. Set a time table and stick to it. It makes no sense to buy something different from what you want, because you can't wait.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Why do you think the poster meant it as an insult? Maybe he was serious.

But there really isn't any other way than simply forcing yourself. Set a time table and stick to it. It makes no sense to buy something different from what you want, because you can't wait.

I really think that I would go to extremes before I would need a doctor. It's just impatience now, not buying things left and right.

I don't know on that really btw, if it looks good, great battery etc...

G2 / G3 not an option?

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Wuuuuuuuuut.

You heard me xD

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

G2 / G3 not an option?

G2 looks bad to me and the 3 is too expensive.

G2 looks bad to me and the 3 is too expensive.

G2 is pretty damn good O.o

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

G2 is pretty damn good O.o

Yeah it is good lol but it looks bad to me, the plastic...

You want tips on how to be patient? You just suck it up and wait. You don't start moaning on forums and sounding like a little... (not trying to cause offense but your reply really make it look like a child)

You are building this up in your own head so much that you're making it much worse for yourself. There is no instant gratification. Stop living in a dream. Put down the keyboard and back away from the screen. Chill out for a while.

Good luck.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700