Computer wont post is it the motherboard or the processor and how do I find out?

FX-6300

MSi 970A-G36

Seagate MomentusXT 500GB

Corsair Vengeance 1600hz (2x4gb)

Corsair GS700

Asus hd 7770

I had my computer up and running for about 8 hours and was in the process of general setup just downloading things like steam and updates and it ran for about 8 hours without any hickups but then in the process of installing team fortress 2 the monitor went black and would not recognize a source I figured since it wasn't responding I would simply shut it down with the power button but that didn't work so I went to the back and switched it off, i turned it back on and same thing power button turns it on but reset button doesn't do anything and I cant turn it off with the power button.

I tried swapping out the ram for an unopened box of identical ram but nothing i tried swapping out the video card with my 7970 but nothing I don't have an extra am3 socket motherboard lying around or am3+ processor so how do I rule out which one it is?

If it's of any use to you I was also using the MSI OC genie to overclock and that had my ram running @1800hz and my CPU some where under 4.0 Ghz my ambient tempurature was 23*C and my CPU was running at about 38*C, which manufacturer do I call about this issue?

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Did you hear some sort of whine when your computer locked up?

Have you tried switching the graphics card to another PCIe slot?

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Do you have any CPU power phase LEDs on your motherboard? If so what color pattern do they have?

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

the lights turn on the fans all spin and it pulls about 40W from the wall, normally it pulls about 80-100 idle. I'm pretty sure I can rule out the harddrive because I'm pretty sure it would run to the bios even if it had no hard drive.

I heard no whine

I will switch it right away and get back to you

I do not know how

The CPU lights appear to be CPU led1, + ,led2, + ,led3, + ,led4, +

off on off on off off off off

switching the pci slot did nothing

the Cpu has the first 2 + leds lit blue and everyone else off

try getting it to boot on a secure grounded test bench. thats step one, rebuild it on your mobo box. Sounds to me like the system shorted out due to grounding issues, and hopefully nothing got fried and you get get it to boot on a grounded setup.

built it in the boardbox and still nothing, am I to conclude that it is the motherboard?

built it in the boardbox and still nothing, am I to conclude that it is the motherboard?

Should be, i had a damaged board and it would start, the fans would spin, and then it would turn off, CPU's dont really come DOA so just bring it to where you bought it, switch the board and ask if then can also test the CPU to make sure its working correctly.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

alright I guess im sending it back to NCIX and hoping I can gat a new one