Can you use a fan splitter on a fan controller?

So basically I have 4 fans but the Fractal Design Define R4 I just bought as a new case has a fan controller for 3 fans would it be wise to use a fan splitter on the fan controller?

Main PC: Fractal Design Define R4 - Intel i5 3450 - Sapphire 7870 - Samsung 8GB @1600mhz - Corsair CX750w - Sandisk 128gb Ultra Plus SSD - Seagate Barracuda 500gb - P8H77-M 

Keyboard and Mouse: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Blues) and a Razer Deathadder 2013

You should be able to, but whatever two fans are connected to the one header, they will not be able to be controlled individually. 

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

You should be able to, but whatever two fans are connected to the one header, they will not be able to be controlled individually. 

Elaborate a bit more, the fans are controlled by a 'voltage switch' at the front of the case.

Main PC: Fractal Design Define R4 - Intel i5 3450 - Sapphire 7870 - Samsung 8GB @1600mhz - Corsair CX750w - Sandisk 128gb Ultra Plus SSD - Seagate Barracuda 500gb - P8H77-M 

Keyboard and Mouse: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Blues) and a Razer Deathadder 2013

Elaborate a bit more, the fans are controlled by a 'voltage switch' at the front of the case.

He just means if u change the voltage on that fan channel both fans will go to that voltage which im pretty sure u already knew.

He just means if u change the voltage on that fan channel both fans will go to that voltage which im pretty sure u already knew.

Yeah, thanks.

Be sure to see how much watts each header on the case can handle. Also, while this doesn't apply to controllers with no RPM display, a lot of splitters have the RPM tach wire hooked up to each fan so the RPM read out from a controller is wrong. Easy way to fix it is to clip off the tach wire off all headers on the splitter but 1. I got more info in here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/156570-the-utterly-imbalanced-caselabs-tx10-d-builds/?p=2279312

Sorry if I was a bit confusing, the fan controller would "see" 3 fans, and would control it as such. So where the splitter is being used, it would just control this as if one fan was connected to that header. You may need to run the voltage for the two fans a bit higher (as two fans will need a higher amount of power, which means you'll need to apply more voltage since you can't control the current). Pretty much what VSG said above. 

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Sorry if I was a bit confusing, the fan controller would "see" 3 fans, and would control it as such. So where the splitter is being used, it would just control this as if one fan was connected to that header. You may need to run the voltage for the two fans a bit higher (as two fans will need a higher amount of power, which means you'll need to apply more voltage since you can't control the current). Pretty much what VSG said above

Hmmm I think I might just use a motherboard header instead. Thanks for the answer.

[iRRELEVANT] How do you get to display your PC Specs at the bottom of the post?

Just found out, disregard.