Best tube/coolant combo

Ghost

What would you say is the best coolant and tubing to use.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Regular DI/Distilled water with a coil. Where are you located? In the US i'd say Duralene, UK probably MasterKleer.

Regular DI/Distilled water with a coil. Where are you located? In the US i'd say Duralene, UK probably MasterKleer.
UK

(stuffing bc of 10 char limit)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Premixed coolants have the least issues, and will stay OK for a long time.

Mayhems concentrates are also good, but you do need to use it with proper distilled water.

As tubing, i really love tygon tubes. the clearness (or how you might call it) is great and it won't kink as mutch as other tubes. although it is quite expensive, tubing is one of the least expensive parts of your WC set. use tubing diameters of 3/8" OD and higher and higher than 1/2" OD.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Mayhems concentrates are also good, but you do need to use it with proper distilled water.

As tubing, i really love tygon tubes. the clearness (or how you might call it) is great and it won't kink as mutch as other tubes. although it is quite expensive, tubing is one of the least expensive parts of your WC set. use tubing diameters of 3/8" OD and higher and higher than 1/2" OD.

Mayhems has stated multiple times not to use Tygon, just something to note :)

I'm having great success with Mayhems Pastel and Feser clear. :) no plasticizer here so far after a couple months

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

Tubing seems to be a minefield atm. I'm in the UK too and here's what i've tried:

-primochill + mayhems pastel = epic plasteciser leaching. Tubing went nuclear green (pastel was purple..) and was filled with plastic sediment that clogged up my cpu block.

-masterkleer + mayhems x1 = dullened, clouded and developed a slight yellow tint.

-clearflex60 + mayhems pastel black = the pastel black has not worked well with this tubing tbh, it has a bluish tinge to it through the tubing wall but looks jet black in my bitspower crystal link between gpus.

I'm considering my options now:

ditch the clear tubing and go for black.

or (much more expensive and have to measure angles properly) use the crystal link extension adapters and lots of crystal links.

Tubing seems to be a minefield atm. I'm in the UK too and here's what i've tried: -primochill + mayhems pastel = epic plasteciser leaching. Tubing went nuclear green (pastel was purple..) and was filled with plastic sediment that clogged up my cpu block

noPuS.png

hmmmmm. I wonder why that combo didn't work. :O

(Highlighted wrong tubing as orginal pic was for something else)

I am running EK coolant mix and XSPC tubing - so far so good...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Mayhem also sells premixed coolants.

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

yes i know? i was talking specificly about the mayhems concentrates.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

EK coolant mix is not mayhems pastel.

Yes, I know that...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

What a strange point to make.