Redundant pumps or paralell loops?

hey guys.

At the moment my system looks something like this.

current705e.png

Now i want to watercool my gfx card and i cant decide between two ideas.

Option 1: Building up a complete seperate loop for the gfx card.

option16bcd.png

Option 2: Making a bigger loop but with redundant pumps.

option2e07e.png

Which option would you choose?

Since the temp of the coolant is going to be the same, you should just do the one that is more convenient.

What's the case BTW?

Thats a Fractal Design Define XL r1 that i'm modding. The white lines represent the chambering and the window is layed out so you can only see the mainboard.

Get the single loop, the temps only change by like .001 degrees or something ridiculous like that. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

You should do a single loop but maybe add another rad.

You should do a single loop but maybe add another rad.

This might be a stupid question but wouldnt a 140 rad be enough for a single gfx card considering that the arctic cooling accelero hybrid gets good results with a single 120?

This would allow better temp/noise ratio.

If your not overclocking you can probably pass on this.

Get the single loop, the temps only change by like .001 degrees or something ridiculous like that. 

Guessing figures is very misleading. If you had two cups of water next to each other and they were within 0.001C of each other I would be impressed.

To the OP:

You are obviously very determined to have two pumps in that build so both of those loops will cost you the same amount of money.

What would lead me to choose dual loops in your case is that it would work very well using different colour of coolants considering the tube do not cross over anywhere. Sure you will have greater reliability and less juggling about with which rad goes to which loop but the main question here is what do you think is more important? Looks/uniqueness or performance/reliability.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

hey guys.

At the moment my system looks something like this.
current705e.png

Now i want to watercool my gfx card and i cant decide between two ideas.

Option 1: Building up a complete seperate loop for the gfx card.
option16bcd.png

Option 2: Making a bigger loop but with redundant pumps.
option2e07e.png

Which option would you choose?

I'd recommend the single loop with one powerful pump such as the MCP-655 or MCP-35X

I'd recommend the single loop with one powerful pump such as the MCP-655 or MCP-35X.

Both those pumps are Laing pumps and calling them by their swiftech model number is misleading as any Laing DDC / D5 are the same pump (differing DDC versions excluded by can be bought for more/less then the two swiftech pumps.

P.S.: Could you not quote massive opening posts especially with pictures as it makes everyone have to scroll that bit further for no reason.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Both those pumps are Laing pumps and calling them by their swiftech model number is misleading as any Laing DDC / D5 are the same pump (differing DDC versions excluded by can be bought for more/less then the two swiftech pumps.

P.S.: Could you not quote massive opening posts especially with pictures as it makes everyone have to scroll that bit further for no reason.

That's what I meant to say. And is that your attempt at reducing the height of your post by using that font size? It's mightily effective, I'm sorry to all of you that had to scroll ALL the way down here

I agree with everyone here, just go single loop.

Any DDC or D5 pump should be fine on that loop no problem.

That's what I meant to say. And is that your attempt at reducing the height of your post by using that font size? It's mightily effective, I'm sorry to all of you that had to scroll ALL the way down here.  :lol:

I use a small font size when what I have to say is directed at someones forum etiquette rather then the topic at hand because I of course have no authority and therefore it is a friendly suggestion rather then anything else. Of course you should realize that by scrolling more I mean its just a waste of space that serves no purpose but I will leave that to you to work out.

TLDR; Quoting pictures is equivalent to spam in my eyes.

I use a small font size when what I have to say is directed at someones forum etiquette rather then the topic at hand because I of course have no authority and therefore it is a friendly suggestion rather then anything else. Of course you should realize that by scrolling more I mean its just a waste of space that serves no purpose but I will leave that to you to work out.

in your eyes

And now you made this post longer with less relevant info by saying something that could have been said in PM, the irony.