VG248 Display port failure?

Pipinhot

Im running a dual monitor setup with Actual Multiple Monitors 8.1.4 

Now in the past couple days, my display port connection to my VG248 has been shaky. Yesterday i re-seated the graphics card and it fixed the connection problem.

This morning i booted and again no signal. so i tried re-seating the card again, with no luck.

My second monitor running DVI, Acer X243H has worked flawlessly through both instances. Once booted up, the AMM and windows display software can both see the cable connected and the named monitor.

But its resolution is fixed at 800x600 at 75hz. I cannot get my primary panel to fire up.....

My acer does not have DP to test bad cable/ports.

PLZ help i have a $400 paper weight ATM.

I want a casual meeting with an Elephant, Orangutan, Crow and a Bottlenose Dolphin. 

I think it's more likely that in re-seating the GPU you actually re-seated the DP cable which temporarily fixed the issue, maybe the connector is loose or the cable is dodgy.

I'd try another DP cable first of all before anything else.

Hmm Is power supposed to travel over DP?

When my pc shuts down the led's on my ballistix modules stay lit, if i unplug my DP cable they turn off. Has my Graphics cards display port been fried because of shitty asus engineering???

I want a casual meeting with an Elephant, Orangutan, Crow and a Bottlenose Dolphin.