would it be worth it to upgrade my monitor?

xuan

If I were you, I wouldn't. If you want noticeable upgrade, get something with IPS matrix.

Check this video:

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

What are you hoping for? Do you want to play in 3D? You have two good monitors for surround gaming. If you want to game in 3D remember you'll have to fork out for the Nvidia vision 3D kit as well. If you get rid of one and upgrade then surround gaming may not be as good as it was with the original monitors. Having the exact same panels for surround gaming can only be better then the images on two different screens.

Anyway its really up to what you hope to achieve with an upgrade. I'd love to have just one of those Xl2420T monitors.

only upgrade for high res

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

i was wondering if it would be worth it to replace one and get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014270

No.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Of course it is worth it, 120hz will give you a smoother gaming and desktop experience. If your PC can push more than 60FPS you will definetly notice the difference, your PC ahs to have a dual link DVI port tho, but most have that.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Unless you're a hardcore FPS player I suggest you just stick to the two more than capable monitors you have now. I, as mentioned above, wouldn't recommend an upgrade unless you're moving to higher resolutions like 2560 x 1440 and up, or like what I said in the beginning if you're constantly playing FPS games

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT