Blue and red glow on a widescreen display

skiphs

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, or whether it's been discussed before.

I recently purchased an LG 34UM95 monitor, and while I absolutely love it, I've noticed something a bit strange. For some reason there's a faint glow of red and blue, and I have no idea what's causing it. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what's going on, or at the very least what this issue is called.

Picture

Gfycat video

(Please note that the video/image make the effect much brighter than it actually is)

I got a similar problem with a TN syncmaster, it was yellow, but farcry2'ish yellow. Very annoying. Rma it is !

Unplug the HMDI cable or whatever you use, turn the monitor on and see if it still shows the same. If so then its backlight bleed and you need to RMA it :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Unplug the HMDI cable or whatever you use, turn the monitor on and see if it still shows the same. If so then its backlight bleed and you need to RMA it :P

It seems to still have the issue while unplugged, and I can actually watch it go away as I turn down the brightness. I suppose I'll RMA it.

Edit:

Annnnd they're out of stock for a few weeks. Refund it is! Maybe I'll go 3x1080p or something.