Upgrade time!

Dribbz

Hey guys, first post here . :)

I have recently decided to do a few upgrades to my first build, here are my current specs.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ghjzn5HpbPQI4xexH70A2xA    (Not certain how to upload speccy :/)

Currently i am planning to upgrade my zalman z11 plus to a corsiar 450d and add a corsair h110 so i can overclock.

Would this be a wise decision and the most cost effective? ( FYI i live in the UK and use the pc for gaming)

,thank you for your help.

WELCOME!
budget and location? 

use the quote button if you want my help

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

WELCOME!

budget and location? 

use the quote button if you want my help

Budget: No more than £200

Any upgrade suggestion is welcome, thanks ! 

Budget: No more than £200

Any upgrade suggestion is welcome, thanks ! 

this is what i would do get a good budget cooler something like the 212 evo http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2 and then maybe a r4 or 450d like you said and then use the saved money to get a better gpu some time

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

this is what i would do get a good budget cooler something like the 212 evo http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2 and then maybe a r4 or 450d like you said and then use the saved money to get a better gpu some time

Funnily enough i already have that cooler :L So you would advise just getting a new case and saving up for a new gpu ? 

Funnily enough i already have that cooler :L So you would advise just getting a new case and saving up for a new gpu ? 

i would the 660s pretty much on the way out, heck the new 750ti can pretty much beat it. if you want something now rather then waiting till the end of this year for the 800 series id look into a 770 or 280x

Specs

i would the 660s pretty much on the way out, heck the new 750ti can pretty much beat it. if you want something now rather then waiting till the end of this year for the 800 series id look into a 770 or 280x

Okay awesome , can you make any guess on the price of the new 800 series ?

Okay awesome , can you make any guess on the price of the new 800 series ?

probably like usual with a new series release $700+ but it would drop after a few months back to around $550+

Specs

probably like usual with a new series release $700+ but it would drop after a few months back to around $550+

Ah okay, ill probably take a 700 series then and go with a new case ! Is the 212 fine for overclocking as well ?

The 660 is great, and your 680 is on the way out too. He should add another GTX 660 and pair that with a define r4.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

Ah okay, ill probably take a 700 series then and go with a new case ! Is the 212 fine for overclocking as well ?

the evos a great cooler i was able to get my 4670k to 4.8 with it and keep it cool its all you relay need unless you have a golden ocing chip but yea its amazing for over clocking

Specs

The 660 is great, and your 680 is on the way out too. He should add another GTX 660 and pair that with a define r4.

my 680 still kicks ass at 1440p the 680s basically a lower clock 770

Specs

Sweet, i have a couple more questions if thats okay.

Firstly will the 550W psu be able to handle a 700 series plus an overclock cpu?

Also do i need to change any fan settings in the bios for the 212 if i want to overclock, havent messed with that as of yet. Thanks !

Sweet, i have a couple more questions if thats okay.

Firstly will the 550W psu be able to handle a 700 series plus an overclock cpu?

Also do i need to change any fan settings in the bios for the 212 if i want to overclock, havent messed with that as of yet. Thanks !

1. Definitely

2. No

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

1. Definitely

2. No

Thank you. :)

What I meant is that the 680 is in the "600" line, meaning it is going out next.

The GTX 660 is still quite a good card.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"