2gb or 4gb

Matthew

Would a 4gb have enough of an advantage over the 2gb version of the GTX670 on 2 monitors to make it worth the extra money. I am running games, BF3, Crysis, etc.

Current Rig : Corsair 330r, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 3570K, 8gb Crucial Balistix, KFA2 GTX680 White, Corsair AX750, Xonar Essence STX, Beyerdynamic DT770

because you cant play games on 2 monitors 2 gb will be enough

thanks, i didnt know that! But what if i had 3 monitors?

Current Rig : Corsair 330r, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 3570K, 8gb Crucial Balistix, KFA2 GTX680 White, Corsair AX750, Xonar Essence STX, Beyerdynamic DT770

I'm not sure if a GTX 670 can handle 3 monitors with a decent fps in modern games, but if it can, 2 GB won't be enough I think. ^^

Thanks, i may just switch out my monitor set up

If you're doing 1 monitor, 2GB is good, but anything more than that (Such as 3 monitors), go for 4GB.

Like everyone else has stated if your running one monitor 2GB is enough but more than that then it would be best to go for 4GB.

Multi monitor setups require more ram but you might consider Amd gor multi monitor setups they tend to performe better with multi monitors

If you're going to do gaming across three monitors (emphasising gaming), 2GB won't be enough and I'd seriously consider AMD because of their wider memory bus. If you game on one monitor but have two extra, 2GB will be enough.

Thanks guys, i think i'm going to get a 26" 1920x1200 instead of 3 smaller ones. so I'll get the 2GB card

I do not think you can play games with only 2 monitors. So the 2GB for your GPU should suffice. But if you are running triple monitor, the extra VRAM may help.

2gb is sufficient for 3 x 1080p (5760x1080 / bezel corrected res) if you have 1 or two cards (670/680). They don't have enough processing power (generally) to push the settings that would require more than 2gb of memory.

Once you go up a level to tri-sli then you have enough grunt to drive higher AA and texture settings at that res and would benefit from 4gb memory.

There are some exceptions, e.g. battlefield 3 can come very close if you don't disable windows aero, skyrim can use over 2gb if you have lots of texture mods.

Thompaam is right about AMD performing better over 3 screens. 7950 crossfire outperforms 680 SLI at 5760x1080, let alone 7970s.