Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BloodWithIce

Australia's internet speed is a joke.

I wrote the first half of that post late last night (spent this morning looking for the Tanzania article) so that might be why I took it seriously :P I managed to use a 2meg wifi connection in town the other day and it was such an improvement over 1! Loading 480p video faster than realtime - might have been able to do 720, not sure o-o

I'm just annoyed that over here BT use their effective monopoly (they own all copper lines that others use, but Virgin have their own fibre network) to improve the already improved, and not bother with the 30-year-old wiring that needs an upgrade. Oh, and the 'new customers get better deals thing'. Yeah.

But what really steals the proverbial biscuit like a kelptomaniac feline in the snacks isle of a supermarket is that the 60% plan is 'ahead of schedule', and our exchange has been fibred but there's no ETA on my cabinet's upgrade. Hasn't been confirmed or denied, just ignored. It's an indefinite wait for some poor sod to run some fibre from wherever they left off and put in a new cabinet, which will give a guaranteed increase of x35 (so 35meg+) and I'm <100m from the cabinet so it'll be close to 100. So I'll be going from "struggling to do 1 360p video" to "stream all the things!!! 1080p EVERYTHING" but it could be one month, it could be 10 years.

duh movistar (aka Telefonica) monopoly here... And I'd say that 100% of all ADSL lines in Spanish islands are provided by them. Ruling the Peninsula too tho... They don't even give a fack of EU fines...

Soft and clean.

I will ignore sites that block adblock, IDC that you can disable and fast-enable it. I will pass. TY.

Specs:

Main PC

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500
RAM: 1x8 GiB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI H110I PRO
GPU: Integrated
Storage: Western Digital WD10EZEX
OS: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bits / Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

"New" Server:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+
RAM: 4 GiB RAM DDR2
Motherboard: Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 + Asrock AM2CPU
GPU: Nvidia FX 5500 256 MiB
Storage: Too many HDDs to list

duh movistar (aka Telefonica) monopoly here... And I'd say that 100% of all ADSL lines in Spanish islands are provided by them. Ruling the Peninsula too tho... They don't even give a fack of EU fines...

Ouch...and isn't Telefonica the company who owns O2 over here?

Tel Alves: CPU - AMD FX8320 @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler - Dark Rock 3RAM - 8GB Corsair XMS3 | GPU - ASUS GTX660 DCUII Mobo - AsRock 970 Extreme 4 PSU - Corsair CX600M Case - Zalman Z11 Plus SSD - Crucial MX100 256GB | HDD 500GB Hitachi Deskstar and 1TB WD Green Monitors - Acer H236HLbjmd 23" IPS and HP w19ev 19" TN Mouse - Corsair Vengeance M95 | Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB w/ MX Browns | Microphone - Blue Snowball Neon Blue | Headphones - AKG K217 MKII

Ouch...and isn't Telefonica the company who owns O2 over here?

Could be... they like to buy ISPs

Yes: http://www.o2.co.uk/ look up and right...

Soft and clean.

I will ignore sites that block adblock, IDC that you can disable and fast-enable it. I will pass. TY.

Specs:

Main PC

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500
RAM: 1x8 GiB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI H110I PRO
GPU: Integrated
Storage: Western Digital WD10EZEX
OS: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bits / Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

"New" Server:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+
RAM: 4 GiB RAM DDR2
Motherboard: Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 + Asrock AM2CPU
GPU: Nvidia FX 5500 256 MiB
Storage: Too many HDDs to list

Could be... they like to buy ISPs

Yes: http://www.o2.co.uk/ look up and right...

It's that (for me and others I know) O2 behaves very well in the market - they don't quite have a monopoly (thanks to EE) and lend out their network to partners (such as Tesco mobile and Giffgaff who I'm with), and their speeds are decent. The only problem I get now is that Giffgaff's speed is slower than O2 in the same area (seems capped at 0.5meg) but apparently that's something to do with Giffgaff not paying for enough bandwidth or something. I'm surprised that Telefonica are doing a Comcast/TimeWarner on you if O2 are respectable in the mobile space in the UK.

Tel Alves: CPU - AMD FX8320 @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler - Dark Rock 3RAM - 8GB Corsair XMS3 | GPU - ASUS GTX660 DCUII Mobo - AsRock 970 Extreme 4 PSU - Corsair CX600M Case - Zalman Z11 Plus SSD - Crucial MX100 256GB | HDD 500GB Hitachi Deskstar and 1TB WD Green Monitors - Acer H236HLbjmd 23" IPS and HP w19ev 19" TN Mouse - Corsair Vengeance M95 | Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB w/ MX Browns | Microphone - Blue Snowball Neon Blue | Headphones - AKG K217 MKII

Come on guys! Look at that...

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 3440912101.png

Stop b*******. my home internet only hits 1mb down. if im lucky and im the only one on the net on my tower. we pay 65 a month.

im probably gonna cancel and just max my phone plan.

my pings on house internet <350

lte pings > 200

Thanks Guys! Dragon "Fullmetal" 1212.

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?