PC won't start (RAM issue)?

Elderon

Hi all,

Lately I've been having some major issues with my PC not starting up. It is relatively new (built November last year), and it is kind of a situational issue I seem to be having.

From time to time, my PC will start up fine, no issues at all. But occasionally it will not start up at all. I have tried everything from unplugging and re plugging everything in, re seating the internals and checking all the sockets, but it seems to work when I re seat the RAM to another socket, it will work for awhile, then back to square one again in a week or so. 

I have no idea what the issue is, but I can presume maybe it is a power issue (the voltage on the sticks perhaps)?

Any help is much appreciated :).

Try to clean the slot itself.

Use a soft eraser to clean the contact pads of the ram. but be careful not to damage the nearby components.

check with another stick.

verify present stick with another pc.

hope this helps.

what ram do you have and what specification do you run it at? please give us all the model numbers and timings etc

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Size8GB Kit (2 x 4GB)
Performance ProfileXMP
Fan IncludedNo
Heat SpreaderVengeance
Memory ConfigurationDual Channel
Memory TypeDDR3
Package - Memory Pin240
Package - Memory FormatDIMM
Tested Voltage1.5
SPD Voltage1.5
Speed RatingPC3-12800 (1600MHz)
SPD Speed1333MHz
Tested Speed1600Mhz
Tested Latency9-9-9-24
SPD Latency9-9-9-24

That is the RAM specifications. This is what my monitor for everything says:

http://i.imgur.com/AM5tMR7.png

As times as i used to clean my old DELL with ddr2 memory , there was a problem with ram ,, until i understanded that and i am not removing RAM anymore,,, I HAD TO CHANGE SLOTS :(

But i never experienced problem with ddr3 memory,,, maybe is a faulty chip,, try every single chip 2 week each and see which occurs the problem

GOOD LUCK :)

It could be the power supply. Especially if, when it doesn't start, you hit the reset button, and then it starts. It wouldn't be a major fault in the PSU, but just a problem with the timing of the "power good" and/or the reset signal.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Maybe some capacitor is dead in your mobo, check if you can find someone that looks kinda fat in comparison to the rest.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Run this with all available memory for 10 passes, it'll stress test your ram. Get back to us with any errors you receive :)

Linx.zip

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Just ran that test for 10 passes, no errors at all strangely. I really am puzzled with what the issue could be.

Just ran that test for 10 passes, no errors at all strangely. I really am puzzled with what the issue could be.

did you overclock the cpu?

so yes what Ghz is it at?