My first virus - not being a noob

mr-nipples

Okay I know a lot of people blame viruses when they just have aweful setups however I'm pretty sure this is legit. I have no internet access via 3rd party usb wifi or pci wifi, no audio, and I'm stuck on windows classic. Microsoft Security Essentials real time protection kept on turning off before this happened. Any help would be great, I'm running a hackintosh so it would be easier to solve it from there rather than from inside windows, any reccomended tools?

Cheers in advance

If you want to try to solve it outside of windows, try the Kaspersky Rescue Disk. KRD for short, I am a computer technician and use it to remove the "FBI" virus and variables of that where accessing the OS isn't possible.

Download Link: http://support.kaspersky.com/us/faq/?qid=208282173

Run it in Graphic Mode, and update it after your loaded into Graphic mode, Scan hidden startup items and any Drives you would like. It will however take somewhere between 2-6 hours depending on your computer. Keep me updated if this doesn't fix it, I got a few tricks up my sleeve.

you could also just go into safe mode and install malwarebytes

I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz - 16GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - 2x Caviar Black 1TB - ADATA 80GB Boot SSD - Club3D 7870 XT - 42" Panasonic 3D Led TV - 22" Samsung SyncMaster

Switch the pc off via the plug, turn it back on and choose safe mode, then go to control panel and open restore point ( cant remember the specific links ) its in there somewhere, should hopefully restore your system to an earlier point in time.

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Personally I would boot in Safe Mode (with networking) don't try installing a "anti-virus" so to speak, you need something a bit more serious than that. Download something like Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Sophos Virus Removal Tool, Both are very good however I have found the latter is more likely to install on a really badly infected machine, eaither way whichever one you install scan and remove any infections it finds, if they find any unremovable rootkits find a specific rootkit removal tool online (get it from a trusted source, some security firms offer standalone software for removing a specific problem)

Some viruses also block access to sites like Kaspersky and Sophos, if you can't get a virus removal tool to download you can sometimes get them to run of a flash drive, might be worth downloading the tool on another PC then using a not greatly cared about (it might get infected!) flash drive to run the installer on your infected machine.

I recommend MalwareBytes. Really good program for getting rid of viruses / spyware etc.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k  GPU: Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC

thanks for the response guys, the system was so corrupt I had to do a reinstall as I didnt have the time to try different methods! I've migrated to AVG rather than MSE now so fingers crossed!

You can use spy hunter and see what comes up then go to previewed directorys and delete all the problem files!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

does it mean microsoft security essential not reliable or still effective? i'm using this as primary software

does it mean microsoft security essential not reliable or still effective? i'm using this as primary software

it's what I was using for years but i feel more secure with a 'full security suite' - They're not as heavy on resources as they used to be :)