Help me: Corsair Link software/hardware advice

I am looking to use Corsair Link to setup my system for fan control and system monitoring.

Has anyone used the software/hardware? Does it work well? Is setup simple or awful? I have seen a number of very mixed review online I figured the LTT folks would be the best source of info =D

Thanks!

Corsair link does not recognize anything under windows 8.1 (The program launches but is useless). It works fine under windows 8. If you're an eager one, a registry edit makes it work on windows but I wouldn't do that. Setup is simple, although you are limited to 4 fans. If you are going to use corsair link to monitor your PSU power consumption, I am no help to you since I do not have an "i" model PSU.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

I am looking to use Corsair Link to setup my system for fan control and system monitoring.

Has anyone used the software/hardware? Does it work well? Is setup simple or awful? I have seen a number of very mixed review online I figured the LTT folks would be the best source of info =D

Thanks!

i have two of them and they are not very good. the cooling module is MEH at best.

after firmware updates, constant rebooting to allow it to remember is not a good sign.

the lighting module is pretty good, but the "link" from the software point was weak.

to me, two ally modules to "hide" and make the wiring look tidy was really a bust.

the concept was there, just the implementation was not there. the corsair forum is

a great source to answer the "i got it now what questions". but it is very limited.

might i suggest fan splitters and motherboard settings and a NZXT HUE for the lighting?

will be easier to set up and no "forgetting" settings.