RT-AC88U router port not working

Thunderkit

Hi all,

Port 8 on my RT-AC88U router isn't working. Anything we plug into it does not have internet, and Windows does not even detect some kind of connection to the router like it normally would if I just lost internet service from my ISP for a little bit. As well, when an ethernet cable is plugged into port 8 then put into a computer, it has no blinking light compared to when it is plugged into another port then put into a computer.

I checked the system log of the router, and it is outputting this message every four seconds or so:

kernel: portsLinkStaus=f

(not a typo, it does really say "Staus" and not "Status")

Does anybody have a fix for the port not working? And does anyone know what the above message means? I checked Google but I don't see anything about portsLinkStaus =f, I just see portsLinkStaus = 0 or 7 or something like that.

It's a known issue.

Rollback to older bios should work.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

19 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

It's a known issue.

Rollback to older bios should work.

Can you give instructions/a link to instructions on how to do that? 

Look at the Firmware version.

Download the lower version in asus website.

Click manual upload instead of automatic check.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

26 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Look at the Firmware version.

Download the lower version in asus website.

Click manual upload instead of automatic check.

Thanks!

It worked?

5 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

It worked?

I haven't tried it yet as I'm working currently but once I am able to I will try the solution you gave. I appreciate your help! :)

aha. ok, goodluck.

The bug in newer firmware is just in the unnecessary logging, not in ports not working.  If your port isn`t working, try to do a complete electrical reset of the router, i.e. unplug the power for about five seconds while the power switch is still on, then plug it back in.