Recommendations for Part Fab Companies

BerenElendil

With parts coming available in the near future (especially with the announcement date for Ryzen 4000-series chips) I figure now would be prudent to start working on designs and commissions of parts. Recently I got in contact with Protocase, and based on some old designs that now need updating for changes in my build, I got a quote of ~$500-600, which was a bit more than I expected. Are there any other custom part fab makers that would be a better value than Protocase? Are they top-tier, high-premium parts manufacturers, or can I expect those numbers from other manufacturers as well? I'll be surprised if they're on the lower end, and probably need to do some re-considering of how I'll go about this.

Attached are the old .dwg files for what I'd designed (yes, I know I chose M3 holes instead of M3.5 for the case holes, try not to ream me too hard for it... no pun intended).

EDIT: Added the other .dwg file, the one that actually shows the second part of the build.

Radiator Bracket (corrected measurements).dwg

In Win D-Frame Backplate Design (corrected measurements).dwg

Can you post some images of what you're looking to get made? I think there should be plenty of laser cutting, CNC or 3D printing places that would meet your requirements for significantly less than Protocase. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

3 hours ago, HM-2 said:

Can you post some images of what you're looking to get made? I think there should be plenty of laser cutting, CNC or 3D printing places that would meet your requirements for significantly less than Protocase. 

I attached the .dwg files to the original post, I can take pictures of them and post them if you would prefer.

...Just noticed I posted the same file twice. Let me change that in just a moment.

Pictures would be easier as I'm on my mobile and can't easily open DWGs.

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

Here are the images of the pieces -- the motherboard plate is roughly 360x360mm, and the old radiator bracket is 240mm x 145mm in order to give myself some clearance over the I/O bar.

Old Motherboard Plate.png

Old Radiator Bracket.png

Cool...and what do you want them made out of?

6 hours ago, HM-2 said:

Cool...and what do you want them made out of?

Material doesn't really matter to me, whatever's inexpensive. I'm hoping for aluminium, just to keep things light, but I'd be okay working with steel if that's my only option. The backplate is going to be about 4mm thick, and the bracket about 2mm thick.