H510i Air flow

TypicalUser

Hey friends,

Just got the nzxt h510i and want to set up better air flow. the graphics card reach high temperatures, (MSI r9 390) and want to improve it. anyone who tried any fans on this case? its more preferable to make "intake" from the back and top of the case and make the "exhaust" from the front side? 

Ryzen 5 3600

16gb DDR4 @ 3600

Aorus b450 pro

im gona put an RTX 2070 in the feature

just want a good air flow set up.

Suggest me any good fans that you have tried before.

12 minutes ago, TypicalUser said:

Hey friends,

Just got the nzxt h510i and want to set up better air flow. the graphics card reach high temperatures, (MSI r9 390) and want to improve it. anyone who tried any fans on this case? its more preferable to make "intake" from the back and top of the case and make the "exhaust" from the front side? 

Ryzen 5 3600

16gb DDR4 @ 3600

Aorus b450 pro

im gona put an RTX 2070 in the feature

just want a good air flow set up.

Suggest me any good fans that you have tried before.

I've never used this case myself, but I would imagine the best fan layout would be to put the exhaust on the back and top vents, and put the intake on the front two slots. In general, it's best to have your exaust fans on top or as close to the top of the case as they can be since hot air naturally rises.

You mention that you are getting high GPU temps, but what exactly are those temps? As long as you're not getting above ~80-83°C under heavy load you should be fine.

Also what GPU are you currently using? Some run hotter than others, regardless of how powerful they are.

Edit: Nevermind. You already mentioned what GPU. I just didn't see it. I don't know much about that card, so I couldn't tell you if it runs relatively hot or cold.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

8 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

I've never used this case myself, but I would imagine the best fan layout would be to put the exhaust on the back and top vents, and put the intake on the front two slots. In general, it's best to have your exaust fans on top or as close to the top of the case as they can be since hot air naturally rises.

You mention that you are getting high GPU temps, but what exactly are those temps? As long as you're not getting above ~80-83°C under heavy load you should be fine.

Also what GPU are you currently using? Some run hotter than others, regardless of how powerful they are.

I use the MSI r9 390. Temps are close to 90 while gaming or stress it up.

Max temp for that gpu is 94.