GPU 1 - Copy

jvckt

In some games my gpu is only used 1% with GPU 1 - Copy. What is that

A GPU engine represents an independent unit of silicon on the GPU that can be scheduled and can operate in parallel with one another. For example, a copy engine may be used to transfer data around while a 3D engine is used for 3D rendering. While the 3D engine can also be used to move data around, simple data transfers can be offloaded to the copy engine, allowing the 3D engine to work on more complex tasks, improving overall performance. In this case both the copy engine and the 3D engine would operate in parallel.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/directx/2017/07/21/gpus-in-the-task-manager/

Took me like 30 seconds to google. :'D

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

A GPU engine represents an independent unit of silicon on the GPU that can be scheduled and can operate in parallel with one another. For example, a copy engine may be used to transfer data around while a 3D engine is used for 3D rendering. While the 3D engine can also be used to move data around, simple data transfers can be offloaded to the copy engine, allowing the 3D engine to work on more complex tasks, improving overall performance. In this case both the copy engine and the 3D engine would operate in parallel.

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/gpus-in-the-task-manager/

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Lol, guess we went over the same road at the exact same time, nice one :D 

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

YOU SNIPED ME BRO! looooool

STAHP, this is getting weird. 

Just now, JayBe said:

Lol, guess we went over the same road at the exact same time, nice one :D 

It's almost like there's a site that lets you get information quickly and easily with very little effort. 😏

Just now, Den-Fi said:

It's almost like there's a site that lets you get information quickly and easily with very little effort. 😏

Do you mean this linustechtips.com where you get others to do the work for you?
I heard of that site but never tried it myself tho. Might have to take look into that