Ryzen 5 3600 Overheating

I just built my first computer after months of waiting with a Ryzen 5 3600. I just got confused that it's so darn hot, around 51c-59c even when idling, and going up to the high 70's even with light browser games (monitored with both HWMonitor and AMD Ryzen Master, ambient temp avg is around 25c) with stock cooler. I've read a few forum posts though the common thermals I see is around 40c-45c even with the stock cooler. I then decided to re-apply thermal paste because I thought the pre-applied paste dried (PSU came in dead and I had to wait for a month for another PSU to come in before I finally could boot everything up) or that I made a mistake installing the stock cooler. After applying the new thermal paste (Coolermaster IC Value V1), I only got around 2c-3c lower.

Am I missing something here? I plan to upgrade my cooler anyways since 60c on just Youtube isn't going to cut it for me, but I just wonder what the hell is going on here?

Full Speclist:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming

Powercolor RX580 secondhand (plan to upgrade soon)

4x4 gb 2666 mHz HyperX (yeah sorry about this lol)

Corsair CV550 80+ bronze

TeamGroup GX2 256 gb SATA SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Trendsonic Styx Case (generic Chinese thing oddly similar to what Linus used for building a pc in China)
6 generic chinese case fans 120 mm, 3 front intake, 1 rear 2 top exhaust

Normal ryzen 3rd gen boosting behavior, nothing wrong here.

Basically when the cpu is idling, it fully turns off most of its cores, and leaves 1-2 running at high frequencies. Of course that means that the one core that is running is running hotter, but all the others are cool.

You can see it perfectly in ryzen master.

Also change the voltage in bios from "asus optimized" to normal/cpu control, and otherwise disable all the asus stuff, try to get stock amd settings. That should drop around 10c too.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

The issue is not so much high idle temps but high heavy load temps and those do not seem to have been tested for.  The old school says that the max a cpu should see if you prevent wear is 75c.  I don’t know why though.  It may have been the insulator material which may have changed.  The new school is 95c.   I don’t know if this is because of a physical design change which allows a newer cpu to withstand more heat without degrading or if it’s just the company’s saying “it doesn’t matter to us.  The chip will outlast its warranty even if it’s run hotter”.  Kind of annoying.  I wish I had more data. 
Anyway the chip isn’t even seeing the 75° number so far.   On a stock cooler it’s not unusual to see 50° idle and heavy load temps above 85°.  We so far haven’t seen any heavy load numbers from you though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

20 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Also change the voltage in bios from "asus optimized" to normal/cpu control, and otherwise disable all the asus stuff, try to get stock amd settings. That should drop around 10c too.

I just recently checked the UEFI settings and they all seem to be set at Auto, the voltage settings are also set to Normal by default. Have not touched anything with it. 

On 8/6/2020 at 12:08 PM, Nanokillzx33 said:

around 51c-59c even when idling, and going up to the high 70's

perfectly normal, and idle temps don't matter, load temps do. 

if they're fine then nothing to worry about. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: