My 2080 is acting up

WoodyWoo

So ive been playing Valorant alot lately and since installing it ive been having problems with my graphics card. cuts out put to my monitor my audio even to my headset glitches out and i get a pop up saying the my pc may be out of spec. I have been using the same spec since november, without and problems. I wanted to see if my gpu was over heating so i open MSI afterburner but no it wasnt it was idling at 30 degree c, I booted Valorant up again and the temp stayed constant at 40 degree c but the gpu clock speeds stayed the same 405mhz, 645 mhz, I thought maybe it was my cpu but no it stayed almost perfectly at 3.7Ghz no problem. Ive checked all my Drivers and cleaned the gpu and cpu to see if that was the problem but nope. its still going. Anyone have any Ideas?

System Specs

Ryzen 5 2600

RTX 2080 Msi Ventus V2

X570 Msi Carbon gaming Wifi

What PSU?

Ddu the drivers and set the power limit to max. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

What PSU?

the psu id a cooler master V750 gold

3 minutes ago, WoodyWoo said:

the psu id a cooler master V750 gold

(Highly unlikely to fix it) clear the cmos. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

20 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

(Highly unlikely to fix it) clear the cmos. 

im sorry but what is ddu? I know clearing cmos but i dont know what that is

Just now, WoodyWoo said:

im sorry but what is ddu?

Display driver uninstaller. You can check a video on how to use it ;)

Build Log: 

Go to nvidia control panel and set power setting to prefer max performance, you gpu is idling.

1. GPU idling (fails to recognize intense 3D application is running and should boost up)

2. windows doesn't detect application in front, and severely limits it (this one is massive but usually doesn't happen)

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

5 hours ago, WoodyWoo said:

I booted Valorant up again and the temp stayed constant at 40 degree c but the gpu clock speeds stayed the same 405mhz, 645 mhz

pretty sure that valorant is not that gpu demanding so youre good.

im having kind of the same temps and clocks with my 2080 aorus and i5 3550 on csgo. (primarily because my bottleneck so the i5 is pretty much always at 90%-100% and clocks at 4ghz and 50c, but still, csgo is cpu intensive)

im 99% sure that valorant is more cpu intensive like csgo so the gpu has its legs on the table while he drinks coffee.

in my case the card is at 41c and about 30% usage and the clocks are pretty low.

on warzone i do see almost a 2100mhz clock speed and 7000 memory clock speed.

So ive been playing Valorant alot lately and since installing it ive been having problems with my graphics card. cuts out put to my monitor my audio even to my headset glitches out and i get a pop up saying the my pc may be out of spec

about that im not so sure...

maybe your psu is ready to its next life in heaven... or the cpu is acting weird.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

So ive been playing Valorant alot lately and since installing it ive been having problems with my graphics card. cuts out put to my monitor my audio even to my headset glitches out and i get a pop up saying the my pc may be out of spec. I have been using the same spec since november, without and problems. I wanted to see if my gpu was over heating so i open MSI afterburner but no it wasnt it was idling at 30 degree c, I booted Valorant up again and the temp stayed constant at 40 degree c but the gpu clock speeds stayed the same 405mhz, 645 mhz, I thought maybe it was my cpu but no it stayed almost perfectly at 3.7Ghz no problem. Ive checked all my Drivers and cleaned the gpu and cpu to see if that was the problem but nope. its still going. Anyone have any Ideas?

System Specs

Ryzen 5 2600

RTX 2080 Msi Ventus V2

X570 Msi Carbon gaming Wifi

just found that on reddit

valo.png

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

18 hours ago, HardStroke said:

just found that on reddit

valo.png

So my 2600 may be the reason. Ok. I might turn down some of the settings from max to see if its better

1 hour ago, WoodyWoo said:

So my 2600 may be the reason. Ok. I might turn down some of the settings from max to see if its better

try to overclock it if you can

although the overclock capabilities on amd's cpu and not as closely good as intel's im sure you can get maybe extra 100mhz or something like that.

Welp nothing has worked. Did a clean install of my gpu drivers. I but an all core overclock to 3.5Ghz on my cpu, and I even re installed directX nothing. I think it is just valorant hopefully they fix this issue as people are still having this issue now.