No boot with Displayport

Just now, T3DDY14 said:

unless i got a cd with the monitors would that do anything?

Does it boot normally with the HDMI plugged in? 

And can you try the card in a different system?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

It boots normally if its only hdmi plugged in, and the other card i have just wont work in my system for some reason unless its in the last slot, i can give it a ago

this is the cd i got with the monitors

IMG_20200713_174619.jpg

3 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

this is the cd i got with the monitors

I mean if you're using it now. Get rid of it and try. 

If you're not. It won't fix anything most likely. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

have not used it yet but will give it a shot just incase

Okay that did not work still wont boot with the displayport but it didnt flicker during the start up for the bios

5 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

displayport but it didnt flicker during the start up for the bios

Try the card in a different system if possible. One with a uefi and not a legacy bios. 

Build Log: 

Try the card in a different system if possible. One with a uefi and not a legacy bios. 

i sadly dont really have any modern systems the next newest is a sr-2 that is use currently

5 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

a sr-2 that is use currently

A friend's system?

Build Log: 

A friend's system?

i could try but i doubt that i could

A friend's system?

ive googles a bit and noticed some people are saying i need to upate the uefi but not sure how i can do that when i have a legacy bios, i might take my pc to the repair shop sometime this week as ive got 2 sr-2 motherboards needing to be fixed/diagnosed 

Just now, T3DDY14 said:

need to upate the uefi

Your board only has legacy bios. 

Just now, T3DDY14 said:

, i might take my pc to the repair shop sometime this week

If you can try to identify if the card works normally with a motherboard with uefi then that would probably solve the puzzle. 

Build Log: 

If you can try to identify if the card works normally with a motherboard with uefi then that would probably solve the puzzle. 

i think i have one somewhere but dont know if its at my house or in storage

2 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

just gonna reinstall drivers one more time, as it sounds like a software issue

48 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

just gonna reinstall drivers one more time, as it sounds like a software issue

Coincidently, had a simmilar-ish issue (and even without change in monitors like your upgrade):

Tried everything suggested there, multiple cables, and even 2 different monitors in the end.

My (wrong) conclusion was dead port on gpu or bad displayport circuitry etc  (but my gpu has multiple dp outs so tried them all, all seemed dead-ish, only showing lowres bios).

Used hdmi since then, "until".

Fast forward a few months, upgraded from intell to amd (changed only mobo, cpu and cpu cooler).

Note i even didnt do a win or gpu driver reinstall, just let windows do its thing (i know this isnt the recommended route, but worked for me, 0 issues in games or productivity).

Few days after the upgrade suddenly thought of the dp issue and though "no harm in trying", and ill be f--ing damned it worked 0 issues, with the same gdamned monitor and cable.

Guess ill never know for sure, "but" the one thing i did notice is in the process of disassembly i had trouble removing the gpu from original situation, came lose of pci slot lock no prob, but felt "jammed" at the bracket side at the case. Had to fiddle (and even stopped fiddling and took a break when the miss's informed me i was cursing and sweating to much over this lol). Second round i got it lose, but somehow seemingly the alignment of mobo vs gpu vs slot screws at the back was "unhappy". Maybe "that was it", pcb or connector under a little tension might have done it.

New mobo and gpu vs case alignment was somehow a much happier marriage so to speak.

Tl;dr, reseating gpu, and especially taking notice on the pci bracket things at the back might do the trick (when card is knserted but not bolted down yet, theres often1 or 2 mm lf "play" allowing for some  variance if you hold it while screwing the brackets.

Might be a long shot definatly, but you never know :)

2 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Coincidently, had a simmilar-ish issue (and even without change in monitors like your upgrade):

Tried everything suggested there, multiple cables, and even 2 different monitors in the end.

My (wrong) conclusion was dead port on gpu or bad displayport circuitry etc  (but my gpu has multiple dp outs so tried them all, all seemed dead-ish, only showing lowres bios).

Used hdmi since then, "until".

Fast forward a few months, upgraded from intell to amd (changed only mobo, cpu and cpu cooler).

Note i even didnt do a win or gpu driver reinstall, just let windows do its thing (i know this isnt the recommended route, but worked for me, 0 issues in games or productivity).

Few days after the upgrade suddenly thought of the dp issue and though "no harm in trying", and ill be f--ing damned it worked 0 issues, with the same gdamned monitor and cable.

Guess ill never know for sure, "but" the one thing i did notice is in the process of disassembly i had trouble removing the gpu from original situation, came lose of pci slot lock no prob, but felt "jammed" at the bracket side at the case. Had to fiddle (and even stopped fiddling and took a break when the miss's informed me i was cursing and sweating to much over this lol). Second round i got it lose, but somehow seemingly the alignment of mobo vs gpu vs slot screws at the back was "unhappy". Maybe "that was it", pcb or connector under a little tension might have done it.

New mobo and gpu vs case alignment was somehow a much happier marriage so to speak.

Tl;dr, reseating gpu, and especially taking notice on the pci bracket things at the back might do the trick (when card is knserted but not bolted down yet, theres often1 or 2 mm lf "play" allowing for some  variance if you hold it while screwing the brackets.

Might be a long shot definatly, but you never know :)

Okay thanks for the help gonna try this now, will report back if i find anything

@TofuHaroto So i found a 960 and installed it and the dp ports worked fine , gonna try and reinstall the 1080ti now

20 hours ago, T3DDY14 said:

@TofuHaroto So i found a 960 and installed it and the dp ports worked fine , gonna try and reinstall the 1080ti now

Well the issue still remains, I have sent it to a pc repair shop to see if they can find anything