Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kelvinhall05

Where the hell can I find M2 female-female spacers in NA?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, wasn't sure where else to put it.

I've looked for literally days to try and find 10mm(ish) M2 female-female spacers/standoffs in North America, but can't find any. With the exception of small keyboard stores like Keebio who probably only have a few dozen, I can't find any outside of China. Not even McMaster has them; smallest they have is M2.5. Digikey has some, but (from the pictures) they're quite ugly and they're $0.80 each. I'd really rather not pay that if I don't have to.

Anyone know where I can find some in North America? Maybe some RC hobby stores will have them (seems some people in that hobby use them too)? Bonus points if I can get 4mm(ish) M2 screws on the same website. Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE

i use arch btw

Like these?

Guides & Tutorials:

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How To: Remotely Access Your Server/NAS

In the Queue:

How to Use Memtest86 to Diagnose RAM Errors

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Like these?

Pretty much, yeah. Thanks :)

Still gonna continue looking, cause it would be nice if I could find some black ones lol. But thanks again.

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE

i use arch btw

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Pretty much, yeah. Thanks :)

Still gonna continue looking, cause it would be nice if I could find some black ones lol. But thanks again.

IMO, the paint wears off on the black ones and exposes the shiny metal after a while making them look terrible.

What type of head are you look for on those M2 screws? Philips? Are countersunk fine? It's not like I'm after those brownie points or anything...

Guides & Tutorials:

In the Queue:

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

IMO, the paint wears off on the black ones and exposes the shiny metal after a while making them look terrible.

What type of head are you look for on those M2 screws? Philips? Are countersunk fine? It's not like I'm after those brownie points or anything...

Don't really have a screw type in mind. Don't want countersunk as the head will be against a flat surface. Also, the standoffs won't get touched much so I'm not worried about paint wearing off (and aren't they usually anodized or something?).

SPECS:

i use arch btw

18 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't really have a screw type in mind. Don't want countersunk as the head will be against a flat surface. Also, the standoffs won't get touched much so I'm not worried about paint wearing off (and aren't they usually anodized or something?).

The same site does have other options for M2 screws you can look-over. I saw a couple that weren't counter-sunk.

The black stand-offs I had received and worked with were just painted brass. Any use of pliers stripped it right off exposing the slightly yellow metal underneath.

Guides & Tutorials:

In the Queue: