I've spent around 1500$ on my build and I'm still getting pathetic performance. Help me build a better one.

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Pricing on Silicon Power A80 or Teamgroup MP34?

Both at around 100$ for the 256. No other varient is available.

13 minutes ago, Armaan199 said:

Both at around 100$ for the 256. No other varient is available.

Not worth it then. 

33 minutes ago, Armaan199 said:

Can you select one of these 3?.1272639004_Screenshot(49).thumb.png.1f1e88096c0e7cc57fc14ea415e50888.png

Screenshot (50).png

S11 has a SM2262 controller and along with the SX8200 Pro which is extremely similar are solidly top tier as far as 3.0 drives go. The S40G uses a RTS5762 which is a bit newer but is similar to the SX8800 and is also of similar performance on paper but isn't capable of as many IOPS as the SM2262 drive.

I would go with the A2000 1TB, unless you specifically do storage intense workloads and you would benefit greatly from the extra endurance and performance of a higher end drive where I would recommend the S11.

5 minutes ago, Slayer3032 said:

S11 has a SM2262 controller and along with the SX8200 Pro which is extremely similar are solidly top tier as far as 3.0 drives go. The S40G uses a RTS5762 which is a bit newer but is similar to the SX8800 and is also of similar performance on paper but isn't capable of as many IOPS as the SM2262 drive.

I would go with the A2000 1TB, unless you specifically do storage intense workloads and you would benefit greatly from the extra endurance and performance of a higher end drive where I would recommend the S11.

I have to transfer data around (arount 50-100 gigs) everyday. Does that count as intense storage workload?

And if yes? would S11 be a drastic improvement over the A2000.

And if yes? how much?

5 hours ago, Armaan199 said:

I have to transfer data around (arount 50-100 gigs) everyday. Does that count as intense storage workload?

And if yes? would S11 be a drastic improvement over the A2000.

And if yes? how much?

Depends on what are you transferring data to/from. The same drive? Gigabit LAN?

I suppose it would, if you're wanting the best drive then I would suggest it.

Drastic improvement though, no probably not. On paper in benchmarks the performance is roughly 2/3rds of the S11 but it's not really that simple.

If you can afford it, I'd get the S11 but at that price it's more than twice what I paid for my SX8200 which is the same drive without a heatsink. If you cut the price of the A2000 in half, you'd be shopping in all time low sale prices of the lowest end 1TB drives.

46 minutes ago, Craftyawesome said:

Depends on what are you transferring data to/from. The same drive? Gigabit LAN?

Sometimes the same drive. Sometimes I use transfer data to/from my Samsung T5 ssd and WD Mypassport Hdd. 

46 minutes ago, Slayer3032 said:

I suppose it would, if you're wanting the best drive then I would suggest it.

Drastic improvement though, no probably not. On paper in benchmarks the performance is roughly 2/3rds of the S11 but it's not really that simple.

If you can afford it, I'd get the S11 but at that price it's more than twice what I paid for my SX8200 which is the same drive without a heatsink. If you cut the price of the A2000 in half, you'd be shopping in all time low sale prices of the lowest end 1TB drives.

WD Blue SN550 NVMe

How about this one. Its available for a similar price as the Kingston. 

17 hours ago, Armaan199 said:

Sometimes the same drive. Sometimes I use transfer data to/from my Samsung T5 ssd and WD Mypassport Hdd. 

Neither external drive should be able to max any of the listed NVMe SSDs here.

17 hours ago, Armaan199 said:

WD Blue SN550 NVMe

How about this one. Its available for a similar price as the Kingston. 

Maybe.

image.thumb.png.211590dc3a4ddc8d561864f55c45d0a9.png

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/wd-blue-sn550-m2-nvme-ssd-review-best-dramless-ssd-yet

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/kingston-a2000-m2-nvme-ssd

Note: WD claims sequential write of 1950 https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sn550-nvme-ssd#WDS100T2B0C

The WD lacks DRAM, but does include some SRAM. I don't know exactly how much or if that is even a problem in a realistic situation. It does claim much higher IOPS, though.

[Update]

Hry guys! I rebuilt my desktop with all your suggestions and its amazing.

Thanks for all the help. IMG_20200718_014519.thumb.jpg.3f1cff7a55aa8e6f8eb0c6a06d6afb2a.jpg