question

ToNieMrKuba

Hello, 

im wondering if Corsair VS 500wat will handle a rtx 2060 from gigabite with a i5 8400 (i know i will have some bottleneck)

thanks for any replys

in theory yes it should work

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Technically yes. This is a group reg unit and is relatively bad value considering a cx550 is a little more expensive but a lot better. If you already have it then it'll be fine ( if it's the orange label vs replace it immediately). 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Technically yes. This is a group reg unit and is relatively bad value considering a cx550 is a little more expensive but a lot better. If you already have it then it'll be fine ( if it's the orange label vs replace it immediately). 

@TofuHaroto i don't have any orange labels so i should be ok

Just now, ToNieMrKuba said:

don't have any orange labels so i should be ok

If it's not and you already have it. It should be fine. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

47 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If it's not and you already have it. It should be fine. 

Do the orange ones have any failures? Im just wondering

46 minutes ago, ToNieMrKuba said:

Do the orange ones have any failures? Im just wondering

They don't have any protections. They are crap. They are simply a fire hazard ( 100% serious). 

Welp. I was wrong on that one. 

Edited by TofuHaroto

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

They don't have any protections. They are crap. They are simply a fire hazard ( 100% serious). 

Good that i have the white one 😅

42 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

That's completely false and I would like to know where you got that information from.

The problem with the original VS was that it was 230V only and came in a .6 mm steel housing that would colapse, causing the fan to rub, when you looked at it funny.

But it always had OTP, OCP, OPP, UVP, etc. and I've never heard of one catching fire.