Program Names

Massyyy

Hi, I know this is a weird question but i need to change a program name to something else, i just want to know if this is possible, for example, org.terraria is blocked by some profile thingy on my mac, I was wondering if there is any way to change this or just get rid of the mac profile all together. Its an old MDM profile that is no longer used and i have no clue how to remove it.

Thank you, 

30 minutes ago, Massyyy said:

Hi, I know this is a weird question but i need to change a program name to something else, i just want to know if this is possible, for example, org.terraria is blocked by some profile thingy on my mac, I was wondering if there is any way to change this or just get rid of the mac profile all together. Its an old MDM profile that is no longer used and i have no clue how to remove it.

Thank you, 

If you rename it, I think it still be visible to the profile thing. Why not investigate where the profile comes from?

21 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

If you rename it, I think it still be visible to the profile thing. Why not investigate where the profile comes from?

the profile comes from an MDM called mosyle manager, the named of the programs are just hard listed. As in its a list of programs that are blocked from running even if they arent installed, i dont think it dynamically changes. Ive looked in all the profile area's that are for profiles in a recovery mode so i have full root access and i still cannot find them heres an couple pictures of just one of the profiles.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 6.57.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 6.57.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 6.57.35 PM.png

FYI, i dont attend the school anymore and they kinda just have been sitting there since i started summer and ive been trying to remove them ever since

13 hours ago, Massyyy said:

the profile comes from an MDM called mosyle manager, the named of the programs are just hard listed. As in its a list of programs that are blocked from running even if they arent installed, i dont think it dynamically changes. Ive looked in all the profile area's that are for profiles in a recovery mode so i have full root access and i still cannot find them heres an couple pictures of just one of the profiles.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 6.57.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 6.57.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 6.57.35 PM.png

FYI, i dont attend the school anymore and they kinda just have been sitting there since i started summer and ive been trying to remove them ever since

Do you see the profiles menu in MacOS settings?

3 hours ago, Nano Adam said:

Do you see the profiles menu in MacOS settings?

thats what im in, they are unremovable that way, i tried even on the school's admin account, no luck

59 minutes ago, Massyyy said:

thats what im in, they are unremovable that way, i tried even on the school's admin account, no luck

Backup everything on your MacBook, then reinstall MacOS completely! 

31 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

Backup everything on your MacBook, then reinstall MacOS completely! 

ok thank you