Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hunted_marksman

Should I upgrade any of my components

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Cpu- r5 2600x

Mb- aorus elite b450

Ram 3200mhz 8gb*2

Gpu- Vega 56 flashed to 64

HDD - 6tb

500gb ssd 

700w smart RGB 

Deepcool v2 shield with 6 fans 

I was originally looking at threadrippers but learnt they are not as good as they look 

I have round 400-450 GBP 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I Upgrade? (According to Linus) - General Discussion ...

Follow this

 

Edit: I just wanna say that according to the specs it looks fine


AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / Aerocool CS-100 / Dell P2210 1680x1050 @ 70Hz (OC)

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hunted_marksman said:

Gpu- Vega 56 flashed to 64

 

I was originally looking at threadrippers but learnt they are not as good as they look 

I have round 400-450 GBP 

If anything really needs to be replaced, I'd say GPU, you should wait for September when Big Navi releases and grab a new GPU or a 5700xt which should go on sale. 

As for going threadripper even if the performance was good enough to upgrade to, your budget is way to low. Threadripper is pricey and your budget wouldn't cut it.


Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
49 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If anything really needs to be replaced, I'd say GPU, you should wait for September when Big Navi releases and grab a new GPU or a 5700xt which should go on sale. 

As for going threadripper even if the performance was good enough to upgrade to, your budget is way to low. Threadripper is pricey and your budget wouldn't cut it.

Is the Vega 56 that slow compared to the 5700xt?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hunted_marksman said:

Is the Vega 56 that slow compared to the 5700xt?

Yes, the 5700XT is quite an improvement over the Vega 56. 30% better or more in most cases. Especially at higher resolutions.


Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
59 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If anything really needs to be replaced, I'd say GPU, you should wait for September when Big Navi releases and grab a new GPU or a 5700xt which should go on sale. 

As for going threadripper even if the performance was good enough to upgrade to, your budget is way to low. Threadripper is pricey and your budget wouldn't cut it.

Also I can get a tr4 mb a 1900x and a be quite cooler for £450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yes, the 5700XT is quite an improvement over the Vega 56. 30% better or more in most cases. Especially at higher resolutions.

Thanks I play in 4k which is quite demanding my original thought was to get the new rDNA 2 but I'll look at the 5700 xt another issue is are the drivers still broken or do they work

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hunted_marksman said:

Thanks I play in 4k which is quite demanding my original thought was to get the new rDNA 2 but I'll look at the 5700 xt another issue is are the drivers still broken or do they work

Playing at 4k you'll want to look into a CPU upgrade as well. I personally prefer 2k over 4k, even with my system 4k isn't where I want it to be to have as my main resolution. You should wait until September for Big Navi and the new 4th gen Ryzen processors, save up some extra money while you wait so you can do both CPU and GPU. 


Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hunted_marksman said:

Also I can get a tr4 mb a 1900x and a be quite cooler for £450

1st Gen Threadripper isn't worth investing in. If you want to go Threadripper at least get a 2nd or 3rd Gen. Better yet, wait for 4th Gen in September and get the 4700x equivalent, unless you're doing heavy video editing/rendering or 3D modeling and design a Threadripper would be pointless.


Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Playing at 4k you'll want to look into a CPU upgrade as well. I personally prefer 2k over 4k, even with my system 4k isn't where I want it to be to have as my main resolution. You should wait until September for Big Navi and the new 4th gen Ryzen processors, save up some extra money while you wait so you can do both CPU and GPU. 

Thanks I'll do that is it worth it for me to upgrade my motherboard to a x470 570 or b55

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hunted_marksman said:

Thanks I'll do that is it worth it for me to upgrade my motherboard to a x470 570 or b55

I'd say B550 or X570 would be a good idea, depends on the processor you decide to go with which one to use, and we won't know until they come out or the release the info on them.


Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I'd say B550 or X570 would be a good idea, depends on the processor you decide to go with which one to use, and we won't know until they come out or the release the info on them.

I'll go for b550 based on its cheaper price I've been looking at this mb https://www.ebuyer.com/982914-msi-mpg-b550-gaming-carbon-wifi-atx-motherboard-mpg-b550-gaming-carbon-wifi?gclid=Cj0KCQjwgJv4BRCrARIsAB17JI5MxmUM_NkMJzIYpwrGHwqSkgXT6SRBvl8g6fH4BSz0Z8UH_x7iRToaAlQSEALw_wcB i need wireless as my router is on the other side of the house and it's difficult to move and the dongle I have is awful do you know anything about this board and if it's good to get personally I like gigabyte and always got their boards but none have wireless as far as I can see

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hunted_marksman said:

I'll go for b550 based on its cheaper price I've been looking at this mb https://www.ebuyer.com/982914-msi-mpg-b550-gaming-carbon-wifi-atx-motherboard-mpg-b550-gaming-carbon-wifi?gclid=Cj0KCQjwgJv4BRCrARIsAB17JI5MxmUM_NkMJzIYpwrGHwqSkgXT6SRBvl8g6fH4BSz0Z8UH_x7iRToaAlQSEALw_wcB i need wireless as my router is on the other side of the house and it's difficult to move and the dongle I have is awful do you know anything about this board and if it's good to get personally I like gigabyte and always got their boards but none have wireless as far as I can see

The MPG series by MSI isn't too bad, never personally used them but a friend has the X570 with a 3800x and loves it. I prefer Gigabyte boards myself. The Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC has built in wifi.


Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
20 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The MPG series by MSI isn't too bad, never personally used them but a friend has the X570 with a 3800x and loves it. I prefer Gigabyte boards myself. The Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC has built in wifi.

Thanks alot I'll watch that board and see when to get it you saved me alot since I didn't get threadripper

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×