Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mahbub

is 63 degree C under load normal for M.2?

Posted · Original PosterOP

i have a samsung 970 evo plus 500gb, i went into magician software and ran the benchmark test 4 times, took a total of like 6 mins, and then the temps reached 63 degree celsius, is that temp normal?

Yes. Perfectly common to get them up to over 75°c during stress testing. 

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P
Intel 6900K 4.2GHz (1.260v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | NXZT Kraken X62 | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB PCI-E NVMe
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

1 minute ago, HM-2 said:

Yes. Perfectly common to get them up to over 75°c during stress testing. 

i am close to purchase a heatsink to cool down controller more.. 

1 minute ago, Mahbub said:

i am close to purchase a heatsink to cool down controller more.. 

They do make a difference especially if you can get some airflow over them but to be honest in normal use you'll never typically approach thermal throttling temperatures.

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P
Intel 6900K 4.2GHz (1.260v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | NXZT Kraken X62 | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB PCI-E NVMe
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

2 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

They do make a difference especially if you can get some airflow over them but to be honest in normal use you'll never typically approach thermal throttling temperatures.

i wanna use one but i want to cut the thermal pad and only use the pad over the controller, but the issue is sticker is important to claim warranty, and the thermal pad has adhesive, i am afraid someday if i have ti remove the thermal pad, it might ripoff sticker, or harm the serial number on the sticker over the controller... do u think the thermal pad adhesive could cause harm to sticker?

14 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

i have a samsung 970 evo plus 500gb, i went into magician software and ran the benchmark test 4 times, took a total of like 6 mins, and then the temps reached 63 degree celsius, is that temp normal?

I have the exact same drive but it’s 1 TB and I get those temps too.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Just now, GamerBlake said:

I have the exact same drive but it’s 1 TB and I get those temps too.

i wanna use one but i want to cut the thermal pad and only use the pad over the controller, but the issue is sticker is important to claim warranty, and the thermal pad has adhesive, i am afraid someday if i have ti remove the thermal pad, it might ripoff sticker, or harm the serial number on the sticker over the controller... do u think the thermal pad adhesive could cause harm to sticker?