is 63 degree C under load normal for M.2?

Mahbub

i have a samsung 970 evo plus 500gb, i went into magician software and ran the benchmark test 4 times, took a total of like 6 mins, and then the temps reached 63 degree celsius, is that temp normal?

Yes. Perfectly common to get them up to over 75°c during stress testing. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

1 minute ago, HM-2 said:

Yes. Perfectly common to get them up to over 75°c during stress testing. 

i am close to purchase a heatsink to cool down controller more.. 

1 minute ago, Mahbub said:

i am close to purchase a heatsink to cool down controller more.. 

They do make a difference especially if you can get some airflow over them but to be honest in normal use you'll never typically approach thermal throttling temperatures.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

2 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

They do make a difference especially if you can get some airflow over them but to be honest in normal use you'll never typically approach thermal throttling temperatures.

i wanna use one but i want to cut the thermal pad and only use the pad over the controller, but the issue is sticker is important to claim warranty, and the thermal pad has adhesive, i am afraid someday if i have ti remove the thermal pad, it might ripoff sticker, or harm the serial number on the sticker over the controller... do u think the thermal pad adhesive could cause harm to sticker?

14 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

i have a samsung 970 evo plus 500gb, i went into magician software and ran the benchmark test 4 times, took a total of like 6 mins, and then the temps reached 63 degree celsius, is that temp normal?

I have the exact same drive but it’s 1 TB and I get those temps too.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Just now, GamerBlake said:

I have the exact same drive but it’s 1 TB and I get those temps too.

i wanna use one but i want to cut the thermal pad and only use the pad over the controller, but the issue is sticker is important to claim warranty, and the thermal pad has adhesive, i am afraid someday if i have ti remove the thermal pad, it might ripoff sticker, or harm the serial number on the sticker over the controller... do u think the thermal pad adhesive could cause harm to sticker?