Need help to find what makes my build bottleneck

Hello friends,

I am desperate to understand what makes my build bottleneck. I've been playing games like Fallout 4 or Skyrim and I don't get the performance I was expecting. I always update my gpu and optimize my games with the Nvidia experience program.

I've most recently been playing RDR 2 and at first, my gpu usage was around 60% and I could play on high to ultra settings (60 hz). Since a recent game patch, the gpu usage went down to 30-40% and I can't get the same graphics performance. I've tried many thing like turning the freesync on and off, putting my pc in performance mode (windows) and gaming mode (BIOS). I did not overclock my system. 

I understand that I do not have the latest tech, but here is my system:

• Ryzen 1800x cpu
  • Asus mobo stryx b350 f gaming
  • Msi duke 1080 graphics card
  • 2x 8gb 3000 ram sticks 
  • Cooling master 240mm rad with 2 120 mm fans
  • Evga 750w gold plus psu
  • LG monitor ultrawide screen (2560 x 1080 75hz)

I am looking to upgrade the part(s) that is causing this. Thanks guys for your help!

Gab 

Ddu the drivers 

Enable xmp/docp 

A game doesn't have to utilize either the cpu or the GPU to 100%

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

So you’re getting 60% cpu and 40% gpu simultaneously?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So you’re getting 60% cpu and 40% gpu simultaneously?

No 

OP said that before the driver update 

His GPU usage was at 60% 

Not it dropped to 40 after the driver update.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Thank you Tofu but I am looking for a overall solution for my build. But, I'll surely try your solution too! 

If one system is running at 40% while the other is running at 100% it’s a hardware bottleneck and one replaces the part that is at 100% with something more powerful.  If both are well under 100% it’s a different problem.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:28 AM, Gibril54 said:

optimize my games with the Nvidia experience program.

this is your problem

never ever use default settings

specs are abosutly fine

What do you mean? are you saying that GeForce experience optimization is not changing the settings, from default? @dfsgsfa