Laptop for University

I've been looking for a while and have finally found two interesting models that suits me.

Option 1: ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UM462DA 14" FHD

Radeon Vega 10, Ryzen 7 3700U, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10 Home

Option 2: ASUS Zenbook 14 UX434FLC 14" FHD

Geforce MX-250, Core i5-10210U, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

It will mostly be used for studying but also for alot of entertainment, creativity and gaming aswell (won't be playing any hardcore games more like terraria and similar).

I know Option 2 might be the obvious decision considering the specs. But i really like the features on Option 1 with the flip touch screen etc, so im quite unsure on which one is best for me.

I would like to know ya'lls opinion on which one i should choose and why. Life expectancy is pretty important too since i'll be needing the laptop for 6 years from now.

I'd also like to add that in general the cheaper 2 in 1 laptops do not have the longest life and I don't really see much use for it either way as well it's more of a neat gimmick for most people that intend on using it and just end up using it almost all the time as a normal laptop.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

I'd also like to add that in general the cheaper 2 in 1 laptops do not have the longest life and I don't really see much use for it either way as well it's more of a neat gimmick for most people that intend on using it and just end up using it almost all the time as a normal laptop.

i guess you are right. Will probably like it for the first 2 months and the  forget abt it since it will be used with the keyboard most of the time. Thank you for the help :D

Between those 2 I would get the first one. But like @jaslion I would recommend ryzen 4000. What’s your country and budget?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

2 hours ago, jacob21 said:

I've been looking for a while and have finally found two interesting models that suits me.

Option 1: ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UM462DA 14" FHD

Radeon Vega 10, Ryzen 7 3700U, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10 Home

Option 2: ASUS Zenbook 14 UX434FLC 14" FHD

Geforce MX-250, Core i5-10210U, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

It will mostly be used for studying but also for alot of entertainment, creativity and gaming aswell (won't be playing any hardcore games more like terraria and similar).

I know Option 2 might be the obvious decision considering the specs. But i really like the features on Option 1 with the flip touch screen etc, so im quite unsure on which one is best for me.

I would like to know ya'lls opinion on which one i should choose and why. Life expectancy is pretty important too since i'll be needing the laptop for 6 years from now.

try get the laptop with 8gb+ ram,
it must have up-gradable ram, storage also if possible,
and try searching any problem(s) with drivers which might occur down the road specially with amd mobile apu tend to have problems with there gfx drivers on laptops(saying with experiencing 2nd time in the new laptop asus vivobook 14),
buy 2 in 1 only if you gonna use it as tablet/use as graphic tablet(i.e. gonna use t for graphic designing course or something) cause as @jaslion said its just a gimmick and its hinges are costly to change too,
after looking the flip won't have dedicated gpu but other one have it and might perform good with intel 10th gen cpu and after upgrading ram (if possible, idk)... so I think second choice is better