Micro Stutters

MagnumSkyWolf

So I've been meaning to do a clean install for a while now and decided to do it last night after I noticed a few micro stutters during a game of Apex last night and during windows tasks. I thought a perfect excuse to do it because I've been putting it back for a while now. I like to do a clean install every 10 months or so.

Anyway, after the clean install, I started noticing the micro stutters were still there and I shadowplayed it for you.

Specs

8700k (no OC)

NZXT Kraken x52

Asus Strix 1080ti

Corsair 16gb 3200

Asrock Gaming K6

Acer Predator 1440p 144hz

1tb WD BLACK SN750 NVMe 

2x Crucial 250gb raid 0

500gb Samsung 280gb

6tb Seagate

As you can see in the video it micro stutters after installing new software. Keep in mind last night i wasn't installing any software just playing games and the usual stuff watching youtube. It's kind of like lag if you know what I mean.

Edit: it just happpend while highlighitng some text in this post

to me that looks like windows 10 going "hipity hopity, your ram is now my property"

Check your RAM usage and run an antivirus to check for malware.

22 minutes ago, gloop said:

Check your RAM usage and run an antivirus to check for malware.

Look at this 😲

Untitled.png

its very common for windows 10 to devour ram while downloading/installing stuff, but its pretty unheard of if you have more than 8gb ddr4 tho.

but it could just as easily be a monitor or a gpu issue, but it being one of those two things (or both) is highly unlikely.

if you were going to anyway, i would reset windows 10, but make sure to back up all the large things (unless you want to sit there for hours reinstalling games like gta v, ark, and borderlands 3, each of which are 100gb).

----

but there are a few things you could try before resetting windows 10, open windows defender and do a full system wide scan of your computer to see if you can find anything, after you use windows defender use malwarebytes to find what windows defender has missed (malwarebytes is a lot more strict so its going to find A LOT more stuff than windows defender). and last try using memtest86 (one ram stick at a time) to see if there are any issues with your ram. and if you havent already, make sure that ALL of your drivers are up to date.

4 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

its very common for windows 10 to devour ram while downloading/installing stuff, but its pretty unheard of if you have more than 8gb ddr4 tho.

but it could just as easily be a monitor or a gpu issue, but it being one of those two things (or both) is highly unlikely.

if you were going to anyway, i would reset windows 10, but make sure to back up all the large things (unless you want to sit there for hours reinstalling games like gta v, ark, and borderlands 3, each of which are 100gb).

----

but there are a few things you could try before resetting windows 10, open windows defender and do a full system wide scan of your computer to see if you can find anything, after you use windows defender use malwarebytes to find what windows defender has missed (malwarebytes is a lot more strict so its going to find A LOT more stuff than windows defender). and last try using memtest86 (one ram stick at a time) to see if there are any issues with your ram. and if you havent already, make sure that ALL of your drivers are up to date.

That video is from a reset windows. That was like the 5th app i installed and it started acting like that. 

Thanks for continuing to help anyway 

oh really? have you adjusted any bios settings? like, at all since you installed windows?

Just now, GoodEnough said:

oh really? have you adjusted any bios settings? like, at all since you installed windows?

No i didn't do anything. I just did a reset within windows like remove all files.

i've had issues with resetting systems and the gpu driver was partialy installed after reset.. try to remove driver with ddu and reinstall gpu drivers.