Hi all 

I need help on my system build 

I have 

i7 4770k

ROG Maximus Vi Formula 

120 GB intel SSD

2X8 Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz DDR3

Asus GTX780 DC2OC-3GD5

800Watt Thermaltake power supply .... replaced by 850Watt cooler Master Silent pro 80 plus sliver  (I had to replace because the motherboard required an extra 4pin power which the old powersupply didn't have)

Now after changing the powersupply the burn in test and also the memory check test have passed.

I have now issues with the graphic card. It gets stuck frequently when i play games. there is always a kernel error ..or the open gl error 3 and sometime it just get stuck and i have to reboot my pc .

the Furmark test crashes on my system.

i have re installed the drivers a multiple times

Need help !!!!!!

Regards 

Samadsami

Do you have everything plugled in correctly and WELCOME to LTT

P.S You dont need a second 4pin for a mobo unless you are OCing

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Id say reinstall the drivers completely.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Do you have everything plugled in correctly and WELCOME to LTT

P.S You dont need a second 4pin for a mobo unless you are OCing

thanks 

i did check my cables multiple times .. 

i removed the GTX780 and put it back again.. it was working better, i did not get any hangs .. but when i play underload like playing Assasin creed 1080p .. it crashes

The 4pin for the mobo ... i thought the same .. but adding that 4pin made it work much better.

Id say reinstall the drivers completely.

Did it multiple times !! 

Whats is the best way to completely remove the drivers .. i used the clean install option from nvidia

Should i install the older version of drivers for stability ?

thanks

Did it multiple times !! 

Whats is the best way to completely remove the drivers .. i used the clean install option from nvidia

Should i install the older version of drivers for stability ?

thanks

Make sure you are not using a beta driver, also use geforce experience to manage your drivers. Make sure you have the correct PCI-e power cable plugged into the graphics card. Remove all overclocks also, remember, remove all points of failure until it works, then one by one add other items until the issue comes back.

Make sure you are not using a beta driver, also use geforce experience to manage your drivers. Make sure you have the correct PCI-e power cable plugged into the graphics card. Remove all overclocks also, remember, remove all points of failure until it works, then one by one add other items until the issue comes back.

thanks Afrostorm

I first removed the graphic card and installed an old one which does not require a PCI-e powersupply..

All went smooth .

then i Added the GTX780 card .

gave it a fresh PCI-e cable connector (Since i have modular) -  there where problems. i lost display frequently.. but i could hear the game sound and the screen was black.

Then i installed and extra PCI-e Cable for the power . (I removed the GTX780 and plugged in again) . it works fine. i am able to play games.

But when i run furmark test for video card ...it crashes 

could the DVI Cable effect this, Should i use HDMI??

Which is better DVI or HDMI?

thanks 

thanks Afrostorm

I first removed the graphic card and installed an old one which does not require a PCI-e powersupply..

All went smooth .

then i Added the GTX780 card .

gave it a fresh PCI-e cable connector (Since i have modular) -  there where problems. i lost display frequently.. but i could hear the game sound and the screen was black.

Then i installed and extra PCI-e Cable for the power . (I removed the GTX780 and plugged in again) . it works fine. i am able to play games.

But when i run furmark test for video card ...it crashes 

could the DVI Cable effect this, Should i use HDMI??

Which is better DVI or HDMI?

thanks 

For PC, Display port is the best, but since you are using a normal monitor, I would use DVI. I only use HDMI when I need a audio signal also.

For PC, Display port is the best, but since you are using a normal monitor, I would use DVI. I only use HDMI when I need a audio signal also.

thanks 

I am still having issues with my graphic card .. 

i noticed all of a sudden shoot in the Clock speed of GPU when i am not playing any game!

My mouse pointer get stuck sometimes .

how do i check if the gtx 780 is not faulty

regards 

thanks 

I am still having issues with my graphic card .. 

i noticed all of a sudden shoot in the Clock speed of GPU when i am not playing any game!

My mouse pointer get stuck sometimes .

how do i check if the gtx 780 is not faulty

regards 

Have you overclocked your gtx780?

If you have not overclocked it, it sounds like it's faulty

Have you overclocked your gtx780?

If you have not overclocked it, it sounds like it's faulty

No I havent overclocked it..

I did also realize that it only crashes with one particular game "League of legends"

I play other games and the run smooth !!

thanks

No I havent overclocked it..

I did also realize that it only crashes with one particular game "League of legends"

I play other games and the run smooth !!

thanks

Oh, that's strange.

However, since stress tests crash your machine as well, I'm still pretty sure there's an issue with your card.

I'd RMA it.

Hope this helps! :)

So out of the 24/8/4 pin's on the motherboard how many do you have plugged in?

Also do you have both the power pins plugged in on the 780?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

So out of the 24/8/4 pin's on the motherboard how many do you have plugged in?

Also do you have both the power pins plugged in on the 780?

yep .. i plugged in all of them.

actually the fans on gpu was syncroising .,,  incresed the fan setting and all is fine ..