Hey there,

I have a Lenovo laptop in which the wifi was working fine, then one day the wifi option just disappeared from my laptop.

image.png.049cb42b1edbe72eaadae94131d6a02b.png

I checked device manager, and network in control panel the Wifi adapter and option was missing.

It doesn't show up in windows 10 network settings, only ethernet is seen as available.

image.png.4345b50bae5989f21848095d1ea36fba.png

Here are some of things I tried:

1. Go to device manager scan for hardware changes - it didn't detect the wifi card.

2. Go to Lenovo support website and download latest wifi network drivers, installed - nothing changed

3. Physically checked if the wifi card/adapter was connected well to the laptop motherboard - it was connected fine.

4. Go via BIOS to do system components diagnostic - This option seemed to be the best as I'd seen it produce good result for my problem,
but my Lenovo laptop didn't have that option, I was only able to get into the BIOS, and the windows troubleshooting screen, not to the diagnostic page which id seen (granted that was for an HP  laptop)

Laptop company: Lenovo

Please do help me out with this problem as soon you can,
I'd really appreciate it

8 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

It's probably dead.
Could you post the laptop model name? Have you tried searching for a replacement wifi card? The serial number should be printed on it and they're fairly inexpensive.

Really? I haven't considered a replacement since,

Its a relatively new laptop purchase, it worked fine not showing any signs of fault.

I rememeber i did a windows update, and things started feeling weird after that, few weeks after the update i had to do a system reset because the update wan't so compatible. After this the Wifi was working fine, few months later and this just happened where the wifi option went missing.

Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 320.

Im still trying to get to the BIOS option for diagnostic.

Heres the video i saw which seemed to show all the methods i tried, in HP laptops they have this option to do a components diagnostic which when triggered found and got the wifi card recognised by windows again.

https://youtu.be/6KKufRKvjzg