• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chancey19

3700x and mATX

Posted · Original PosterOP

Is this even possible?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Chancey19/saved/9rK2Vn

I've seen so many builds with mATX and it looks great aesthetically so I tried looking for an mATX that is compatible with a Ryzen 7 3700x and I've seen SO many recommendations that I have NO idea what to go with.

- MSI B450M Mortar or Arsenal are considered the best ones but are unavailable EVERYWHERE so that's out.

- MSI PRO B450M PRO-VDH MAX is the current one I'd like to buy. It's on special for 99$ CAD right now and it supports gen 3 out of the box, however there are numerous conflicting discussions vs it being subpar for the 3700x or fine for the 3700x.

- Gigabyte B450M Aorus seems to be semi reliable, again its mostly discussions about preference, but the cooling not being good enough keeps coming up.
- ASRock Steel Legend or any other B450 seems to be okay as well, but I think the Pro-VDH MAX is still better.

My question is, is this even worth the headache for the aesthetic?

Budget is a factor, <200 if possible. Case is the Corsair Carbide 275r (Which takes ATX, mATX and mITX)

I plan to use my PC for streaming and gaming, no OC in mind. I just want to run it out of the box and that's it.

Should I just abandon the idea of pairing an mATX with the 3700x? My research has led me to many reddit forums and toms hardware and even LTT but there never is a clear answer (Which, I understand, probably never happens)

Thanks for any help or tips!