Solved: CPU Temps and Clock speed not showing CPUZ ICue or HWMonitor

Ok so i have a weird problem...CPUZ HWMonitor and ICue cannot read temps or clock speed from my CPU. The task manager and CPUZ say the clock speed is 3200 Mhz and i know its 4800 Mhz

Background on the system: I have the system overclocked (Settings: XMP & Sync all core 4800) that's been running just fine for about a year now and heres the build list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PH7VgJ

What I've tried: Reboot, Reinstall ICUE HWMonitor CPUZ, Updated Bios, slam face on desk

Here is the error im getting on CPUZ:

[bInitDriver] path = C:\WINDOWS\temp [bInitDriver] GetCurrentDirectory = C:\Program Files\CPUID\ASUS CPU-Z [bInitDriver] GetModuleFileName = C:\Program Files\CPUID\ASUS CPU-Z\cpuz_asus.exe [vGetOSVersion] m_iOSVersion = 2 (10.0), SHA2 = 1 [vGetOSVersion] m_bIsAMD64 = 0 [bInitDriver] Extract dir = C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz148\ [bInitDriver] m_szPath_2=C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz148, m_szFilename=cpuz148_x64.sys [WinNT_hCreateServiceHandle] CreateFile cpuz148 returned 2 (0x2) [WinNT_bInstallDriver] szMachineName = KYLE [bDeleteFile] DeleteFile C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz148\cpuz148_x64.sys failed (error = 3) [bDeleteFile] RemoveDirectory C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz148\ failed (error = 2) [dwExtract_SYS] Extract C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz148\cpuz148_x64.sys [WinNT_bCreateService] szDestName = C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz148\cpuz148_x64.sys [WinNT_bStartService] StartService failed, error code = 647 [bInitDriver] bInitDriver returned 647 [WinNT_dwStopService] OpenService failed, errorcode = 1060 [WinNT_dwDeleteService] Openservice failed, errorcode = 1060 [bDeleteFile] DeleteFile C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz148\cpuz148_x64.sys succeeded [bDeleteFile] RemoveDirectory C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz148\ succeeded [vCloseDriver] CloseHandle(mutex) = 1
Yes my PC's Name is KYLE for the memes. (Mike's PC is far too boring)
Has anyone seen this before??

Have you tried putting your system under load? Like running AIDA64 stress test on the background? It may be that your system clocks down to save power. It does happen to my system as well if it doesn't have a load on it.

Here's a quick example. The base speed is listed as 3.1ghz but the actual cpu speed goes below that.

image.png.59f5e8c30798c9d81b4dd5cffc9b3283.png

Update: It was Riot Vangaurd.....the anti cheat for valorant. Thats ridiculous Thanks for the help my dude

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 7:58 PM, nicholsaq said:

Update: It was Riot Vangaurd.....the anti cheat for valorant. Thats ridiculous Thanks for the help my dude

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Ryzen 7 4800H. 

No software other than the BIOS shows me the CPU temp. How did you solve it?