Ryzen 5 3600 MoBo Combo

Hello all,

I suspect to some this may be a silly question but I just wanted to clarify...

I am looking to build a mATX size build for my rather shallow server rack and have come up with what I think to be an ideal CPU/Motherboard combo but i have been reading online that some motherboards need a bios update to use newer Ryzen CPU's and to do that update you need an older Ryzen CPU to boot and perform the update. I have no access to an old CPU to do this so I wanted to ask if these would work together out of the box?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor -  https://www.ebuyer.com/883794-amd-ryzen-5-3600-am4-cpu-processor-with-wraith-stealth-cooler-100-100000031box

MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX AM4 mATX Motherboard -  https://www.ebuyer.com/911199-msi-b450m-pro-vdh-max-am4-matx-motherboard-b450m-pro-vdh-max

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero| RAM: 2x16GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB | GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE | PSU: Corsair RM1000x | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Razer Edition | SSD: Corsair MP600 500GB PCI-E Gen 4 | Custom Water Cooled | Monitor: x3 Razer Raptor

9 minutes ago, Mark-McG said:

i have been reading online that some motherboards need a bios update to use newer Ryzen CPU's

All MSI motherboards with the word MAX in the name are guaranteed to ship with an updated BIOS for third gen Ryzen.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

All MSI motherboards with the word MAX in the name are guaranteed to ship with an updates BIOS for third gen Ryzen.

Amazing! thank you

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero| RAM: 2x16GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB | GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE | PSU: Corsair RM1000x | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Razer Edition | SSD: Corsair MP600 500GB PCI-E Gen 4 | Custom Water Cooled | Monitor: x3 Razer Raptor