Random BSODs

Hello dear comrades, I have a problem of BSOD that won't stop no matter what I do... It happens when powering the computer, when playing games, when opening softwares, etc. I think it's my RAM modules that are incompatible with my system, but the BSOD wouldn't say Ntfs.sys is the file that caused the problem right? I've cleanly reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times over and it won't help. I even changed from my SATA SSD to a M.2. NVMe SSD and it did nothing. Updating my BIOS doesn't seem to help, I've done it 6 times now...

Please help.

My Rig :

- Mobo : Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming-WIFI-rev-1.0

- CPU : Ryzen 3 1300X stock

- RAM : 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3200MHz (XMP is on of course)

- GPU : ZOTAC GTX 1060 AMP! Edition

- PSU : EVGA 500B

Storage :

- HDD : WD Blue 1TB @ 7200RPM (WD10EZEX)

- SSD SATA: Crucial MX300 275GB

- SSD M.2. : Crucial P1 500GB

Do you happen to remember what the specific BSOD stop codes were? With persistent BSODs like this, it often is caused by your RAM. Have you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool? If not, that's always a good thing to check. If you get errors running the test, it could mean that your RAM is faulty. However, it could also mean that your BIOS settings aren't providing the RAM with enough power, as was the case for me when I built my PC. Look up the required voltage for your RAM (usually 1.35 V) and make sure your motherboard is providing that amount. My motherboard was set to 1.2 V, and after turning it up to 1.35 V I haven't had a single blue screen since (I was getting them every 5-10 minutes before fixing that setting).

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

8 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Do you happen to remember what the specific BSOD stop codes were? With persistent BSODs like this, it often is caused by your RAM. Have you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool? If not, that's always a good thing to check. If you get errors running the test, it could mean that your RAM is faulty. However, it could also mean that your BIOS settings aren't providing the RAM with enough power, as was the case for me when I built my PC. Look up the required voltage for your RAM (usually 1.35 V) and make sure your motherboard is providing that amount. My motherboard was set to 1.2 V, and after turning it up to 1.35 V I haven't had a single blue screen since (I was getting them every 5-10 minutes before fixing that setting).

It is at 1.35V. I checked my RAM some time ago and it showed no errors while being tested for 4 hours on MemTest86+

2 minutes ago, Scrub_Whisperer said:

It is at 1.35V. I checked my RAM some time ago and it showed no errors while being tested for 4 hours on MemTest86+

Interesting. That certainly makes it a bit more complicated. The fact that you're getting such frequent random BSODs here would definitely suggest a RAM issue, but no errors on MemTest86+ would suggest otherwise. Have you tried running in single channel instead of dual channel, or double checking that you have your RAM in the right slots to run dual channel?

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

5 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Interesting. That certainly makes it a bit more complicated. The fact that you're getting such frequent random BSODs here would definitely suggest a RAM issue, but no errors on MemTest86+ would suggest otherwise. Have you tried running in single channel instead of dual channel, or double checking that you have your RAM in the right slots to run dual channel?

I have two slots, it's a Mini-ITX mobo

4 minutes ago, Scrub_Whisperer said:

I have two slots, it's a Mini-ITX mobo

Well I guess that rules out that idea then... I'm honestly just as stumped as you are. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else, but the stuff I've said so far is what I could think of off the top of my head. Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable in this area will be able to help you out better than I can.

Best of luck to you in fixing this issue!

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this issue with my computer as well. It's a different CPU (Ryzen 3 3200G), but it might be worth a try. I've had random BSODs like system service exception, page fault in non paged area, irql not less than or equal. you name it. All diagnostics showed no result. Temps were ok, etc. 

For me what actually solved the problem was forcing dedicated GPU only on the BIOS.  I guess Windows was trying to delegate 2D/background tasks, whatever, to the iGPU/CPU and f*n it up.  After forcing it off on the BIOS, I never got any BSODs anymore. Not sure if you have the option in your BIOS with this CPU, as you technically dont have an iGPU, but might be worth a shot.