Synapse 2.0 won't start up

When I try and start razer synapse 2.0 it does nothing. I launch the .exe and it doesn't start up. My mouse cursor indicates that it is loading something for a second or two then stops. If I look in the services/processes tab of task manager it doesn't show up in there so it definitely isn't running.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing everything I have to do with razer on my computer but to no avail. I have the razer black widow ultimate 2013 and a razer nostromo plugged in. I am running windows 7 64bit and can't seem to find a solution anywhere else so help would be appreciated thanks.

Use msconfig.exe ad select boot to safe mode with networking. Try to launch it in safe mode with networking.

Make sure that the exe is also checked as a startup process is msconfig

Error: 410

Use msconfig.exe ad select boot to safe mode with networking. Try to launch it in safe mode with networking.

Make sure that the exe is also checked as a startup process is msconfig

Okay I did that but it still didn't start up, I tried launching the .exe while in safe mode but it wouldn't launch then either.

Sometimes it crashes when it tries to start up. Go into the task manager and find synapse.exe under processes and end it. Then try to start up synapse again.

Sometimes it crashes when it tries to start up. Go into the task manager and find synapse.exe under processes and end it. Then try to start up synapse again.

It doesn't show in task manager. Though watching the processes list when I try to start it up I see it appear for a second so I think you're right, I think it is crashing.

It doesn't show in task manager. Though watching the processes list when I try to start it up I see it appear for a second so I think you're right, I think it is crashing.

Did you recently update it? Can if start without the razer stuff plugged in? If you did update it is a version downgrade possible.

Did you recently update it? Can if start without the razer stuff plugged in? If you did update it is a version downgrade possible.

I don't think that I have updated it recently. No it won't start with my peripherals unplugged either. I have looked around for a previous version but I can't seem to find one seeing as razer got rid of them all from their site.

I don't think that I have updated it recently. No it won't start with my peripherals unplugged either. I have looked around for a previous version but I can't seem to find one seeing as razer got rid of them all from their site.

Do you have a different system? Even a laptop you can try?

Do you have a different system? Even a laptop you can try?

Okay I installed synapse onto my windows 8.1 64bit laptop and it all runs fine so now I am thinking there must be some kind of conflicting software.

yep, try doing a system restore or undoing any recent software changes, try even a different USB port

yep, try doing a system restore or undoing any recent software changes, try even a different USB port

I have restored to a backup of last months and it didn't help, I think that it might've been broken for a while but i hadn't realised because its been working on and off so i have gone back over all of my installs and uninstalled anything that I don't need and anything that might be conflicting with synapse. I have also tried to repair synapse but it just comes up with a dialogue box saying "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." and its looking for a "Razer Synapse 2.0.msi" which i cant seem to find.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Just tried that again and didn't work. This time when re-installing I installed a previous version that I was able to find, version 1.06.01, but that didn't help with booting up either.

Is there maybe a way I could get a crash log for synapse so I can try and identify what is making it crash?

Just tried that again and didn't work. This time when re-installing I installed a previous version that I was able to find, version 1.06.01, but that didn't help with booting up either.

Is there maybe a way I could get a crash log for synapse so I can try and identify what is making it crash?

Create a new disk partition, Install whatever version of Windows you have right now on that partition, the process shouldn't take too long since you're not doing a full wipe and relocate.

Get the version of windows running with most up to date important drivers. If it works then it's not a driver issue or a local hardware issue, continue to add all drivers to create a parallel environment with mirrored driver installs. If it doesn't work then you know it's a conflict between the few things installed, registry, or malware(?)  

of course you could try asking razor, but I suspect that would be the same as screaming into a bucket. 

• 4 months later...

If it still doesn't work, try running it through administrator..

I had the same problem, and it ran for me when I tried this. :D

• 2 months later...

I suffered from the same issue as the OP of this thread, i thought i'd share what i did to fix synapse 2.0 for my OS.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, but i'm 99% positive this solution can be tried with windows 7(or any other windows OS past XP for that matter). I had the same issue where synapse 2.0(with admin rights) would start for 1 second before crashing.

When i tried running it without admin rights it would display a 0x000035 application error, and basically said Synapse 2.0 was conflicted somehow with the microsoft .NET framework.

Make sure you have .NET framework on your computer as Synapse 2.0 runs through it on windows OS.

My .NET framework turned out to have corrupted files, which conflicted with Synapse 2.0 causing it to crash

Here's what i did:

Open your startmenu and type cmd in the taskbar > Run cmd.exe as administrator > Type "sfc /scannow" without the quotation marks and press ENTER > This prompts Windows to do a scan of your system files, while trying to repair any corrupted ones you have automatically. Just let the scan run until it's finished > Try running Synapse 2.0 again once the scan finishes(it will tell you if anything was corrupted and repaired).

If your .NET framework files are too damaged however, it might ask you to insert your windows CD, mount your ISO or which ever format you have your OS backup on to get access to bigger, more important files. My scan did not.

While this fix worked for me, it might not work for you. However i felt i needed to share what i did because Synapse 2.0 has been causing me headaches for weeks before i managed to fix it.

It's worth a try if you've tried everything else.

Hope it works out, and good luck :)

• 3 months later...

When I try and start razer synapse 2.0 it does nothing. I launch the .exe and it doesn't start up. My mouse cursor indicates that it is loading something for a second or two then stops. If I look in the services/processes tab of task manager it doesn't show up in there so it definitely isn't running.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing everything I have to do with razer on my computer but to no avail. I have the razer black widow ultimate 2013 and a razer nostromo plugged in. I am running windows 7 64bit and can't seem to find a solution anywhere else so help would be appreciated thanks.

Heres the solution, i had problem with windows 8 compability with synapse. Heres solutions for win 8 and 7:

Win 8: Open synapse properties, go to compability, run program with windows 7, and your good to go. MAKE SURE to add synapse to your windows firewall expections, as same with antivirus programs. You should be good to go, as it works great for me now for months.

Win 7: Almost same thing as win 8, just make sure to open with admin, and theres no antivirus programs or windows firewall blocking it. If it doesnt work, uninstall the synapse, and delete all the firmware of razer products of your computer( Control Panel-> Hardware and sound) and reinstall again.

I hope this helps, it helped my friends and me too!

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem but in windows 10. Could anyone suggest a fix for it?

It worked fine before the upgrade but now it does not start up at all.

I have the same problem but in windows 10. Could anyone suggest a fix for it?

It worked fine before the upgrade but now it does not start up at all.

I would say contact Razer on this and dont let them tell you its a virus. I just went through a whole ton a troubleshooting due to ESET and up synapse updating a ESET cause Synapse to lock up the computer completely.

• 1 month later...

i have the same problem also in win10 i reinstalled but it doesnt work also tried to open with other window versions

i have the same problem also in win10 i reinstalled but it doesnt work also tried to open with other window versions

I and buddy have not had any issues with Synapse on Win10, just thought id throw that out there. This means it should be something rather specific.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know how to get synapse working for windows vista, i have the same problem as OP but i'm on windows vista Instead. Iv'e spent a whole day trying to fix it.

I think it has something to do with .Net framework issue as @Bloodbroker pointed out.

If death has no cost, life has no worth

The dead are gone, the living are hungry

Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

No but i dont get any errors about .net frameworking issues i just see my cursor try to load something for a second or two and then stop, i have checked the .net frameworking, i have uninstalled and re-installed synapse, i have done practically everything suggested on this forum, but to no avail whatsoever.