How accurate is Corsair Link?

JoshM

Hi guys,

As seen in my sig I have a H80i and I was wondering if the temps in corsair link are accurate?

Also how accurate in the temps in AMD vision engine control centre? (as they both give similar readings on my gpu temps) 

cheers, 

p.s sorry if this is in the wrong section...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

They aren't 100% accurate, cause who the heck knows where the temperature sensors are? :P I'd say they're pretty gosh darn accurate though. Within margin of error easily 

They're decently accurate. Fine if you just want to keep an eye on your temperatures. If you want truly accurate readings, then you'll have to go with some kind of hardware for measuring temperatures, but if you're not doing some extreme overclocking, it shouldn't be necessary. 

They're decently accurate. Fine if you just want to keep an eye on your temperatures. If you want truly accurate readings, then you'll have to go with some kind of hardware for measuring temperatures, but if you're not doing some extreme overclocking, it shouldn't be necessary. 

Like this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1HE0FA8587

They aren't 100% accurate, cause who the heck knows where the temperature sensors are? :P I'd say they're pretty gosh darn accurate though. Within margin of error easily 

Depends what you're doing. For extreme overclocking where you're trying to break records you'd probably want to go for some higher end stuff. 

Well the cpu is at around 10% activity and the temps are at under 20*C (dropping to link 10*C and going up to 20*C) now my room is at 22*C and my fan controller is saying around 27*C inside my case. (corsair link). Do you think that is possible, as my mates don't believe me?

Both AMD and Corsair link say my gpu is at 30ish*C

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Well the cpu is at around 10% activity and the temps are at under 20*C (dropping to link 10*C and going up to 20*C) now my room is at 22*C and my fan controller is saying around 27*C inside my case. (corsair link). Do you think that is possible, as my mates don't believe me?

The CPU doesn't sound accurate. It won't be cooler than the ambient temperature of your room. The GPU sounds about right at idle and 27C sounds right for the case

The CPU doesn't sound accurate. It won't be cooler than the ambient temperature of your room. The GPU sounds about right at idle and 27C sounds right for the case

Any software that would be more accurate?How do you upload a pic? I have screen shot of easy tune 6

Any software that would be more accurate?How do you upload a pic? I have screen shot of easy tune 6

Not too sure about software. I just use Corsair Link. 

Either click on add an image (under the smiley face above the post section) and post an image's URL, or go on to more reply options and attach the image

Those CPU temperatures seem a little bit false...