Internet problems

Bigfanirl

So i got internet problems, expect that the speed is weak, when more than one device is connected to the internet (my sisters phone) i cant get speeds above 2mbp and creates lag while gaming i even bought a 140 $ antenna that doesnt help anything.

i pay for 75mbps speeds.

ty

sketch-1586267368699.png

sketch-1586267208759.png

Screenshot_20200406-172723.png

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

Screenshot_20200406-172053.png

Screenshot_20200406-172036.png

@Bigfanirl

What happens when you plug your computer directly into the modem and do a speed test? 

I would start there first to see what speed you get in first and go from there. 

Far too many variables to consider before ruling that out. You are not having issues with overlap which can also cause problems, so that is good. 

@m9x3mos

At this moment i did 3 speed test and the results are 2,79, 6.00 and 6,50 Mbps, i did some research and found something about 2.4 ghz and 5ghz support. If i am correct the 2.4 ghz is fot mobile devices and the 5ghz for laptops and pcs. So my question is, can i get improvement with a new router - nowi got the standard router from my internet provider

@Bigfanirl

Were those tests directly connected to the router? If so, a new router and wifi won't make a difference. It is either an issue with the modem or the speeds the service can provide.

Looking closer at those pictures, it looks like you have a cellular modem not cable or fios correct? Cellular is a shared service and might not hit those speeds until fewer people are using it, like 2am.

@m9x3mos

Yes the cable was connected directly to the router ( white router with the vip logo in front) , i am not sure if it is a cellular modem, i know its a mobilebroadband router. 

But for example , last week i did some speedtest and got like 25-30 mpbs (PM) and i got a friend that has the same internet and he's reaching 60-70 . 

I thought the problem was the "corona" bcs lot of people are home connected to the internet but he says that he got a drop of 10 mbps.

You have an LTE (cellular) router. It's going to HIGHLY depend on the area, the cell tower you're connected to, and load on that tower at the time. It can change a ton over the course of a day.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I am living like 1,5 km away from the cell tower and have clearly look at ot.

So is there anything i can do for better speeds, any upgrade ,new equipment?

Bcs if 2 or more devices are connected the speed are crazy low like under 1

Its like, if there are 2 devices watching videos the router sends to 1 of them everything he got (i am talking about speed)

Sadly, that is to be expected with cellular modems. They are not really a replacement for land line services. No matter what the carrier tells you. 

If i buy a router ,like the asus one, is there any chance to get some improvement?

If there is nothing to upgrade or buy what can i do: change the internet provider? What do u suggest

@Bigfanirl

With cellular data being shared and a lot more people working from home, thus using the mobile network, i don't think there is much you can do with that type of setup. 

Getting a new router won't really make a difference imho.

I would first contact the provider to see if there are any known issues or anything they can do. 

Most likely they can't. 

I would suggest looking for a landline provider.