My GPU fan goes 100% and it doesn't display anything.

thenotorious

Hello, everyone! Recently i upgraded my CPU, and installed a intel I3 4360, after i turned off my PC, the next day when i tried to power it on, the GPU fan went crazy, it went 100% and there was no signal.

I had another GPU that i have put in to see if the problem is from my GPU, and it did the same thing. Now i haven't tried the GPU into another system to see if works(i'm talking about my main GPU that i use on my PC, not the other that i tested). The computer runs fine, i connect to the VGA from the motherboard and i have no problems.

But here is a video of what's happening and here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 4360 @ 3.70GHz 40 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock H81M-VG4 R2.0 (CPUSocket) 28 °C
Graphics
Philips 190CW (1440x900@75Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (ASRock)
Storage
465GB SAMSUNG HD502IJ (SATA ) 21 °C
PSU
FSP ATX 350W PSU Power Supply ATX3530-HEN
The GPU is an NVIDIA GeForce 730.

https://youtu.be/mW5CU2IbUe8

Sounds like a pci-e slot issue. Try up dating the drivers on your GPU when plugged into the VGA 

I am not a 100% sure on this but sounds like the GPU is running in debug mode. This usually is a sign that you have forgotten to plug in the external 6 o 8 pin power connector. Now the GT 730 does draw all of it's power from the PCI-e slot that is supposed to handle up to 75 Watts. If your motherboard however is not up to spec on that one, it will not work. 

Another thing you can do is check the BIOS and see if there is something disabled relating to PCI-Bus or Graphics Adapter. Check if your board maybe has an additional molex input on the motherboard, that might be for PCI-e power.

1 hour ago, Applefreak said:

I am not a 100% sure on this but sounds like the GPU is running in debug mode. This usually is a sign that you have forgotten to plug in the external 6 o 8 pin power connector. Now the GT 730 does draw all of it's power from the PCI-e slot that is supposed to handle up to 75 Watts. If your motherboard however is not up to spec on that one, it will not work. 

Another thing you can do is check the BIOS and see if there is something disabled relating to PCI-Bus or Graphics Adapter. Check if your board maybe has an additional molex input on the motherboard, that might be for PCI-e power.

Everything is plugged in, i checked everything again. On bios everything is good.

15 hours ago, Applefreak said:

What make and model is that motherboard?

ASRock H81M-VG4 R2.0

Try unplugging the power supply (switch it off if it has a switch and then pull the cord out) and then remove the bios (cmos) battery, the silvery round cell above the pci-e x16 slot and wait 10 minutes. Then put it back in and reconnect the power supply. If you have one, maybe also test with another PSU.

Do you have some other pci-e card that you can use to test if the slot is working properly?

On 4/6/2020 at 12:49 PM, Applefreak said:

Try unplugging the power supply (switch it off if it has a switch and then pull the cord out) and then remove the bios (cmos) battery, the silvery round cell above the pci-e x16 slot and wait 10 minutes. Then put it back in and reconnect the power supply. If you have one, maybe also test with another PSU.

Do you have some other pci-e card that you can use to test if the slot is working properly?

I restarted the bios by jumper, i did plugged another video card in to see if it works and it does not. I don't have another PSU, but i think it is indeed a faulty motherboard or the slot.