Hello,

Does anyone know why i have such high ram usage on my pc? or atleast why taskmanager says that i use like 90% of my ram ( i have 16gb 3200 ) when i use max 7 gb at the moment?  i mean ok maybe windows is taking also a bit but thats never nearly 90% of 16gb ram or am i doing something wrong here? 

when i have nothing open after i boot up i have like 43% ram usage...and nothing is open legit nothing no steam fraps ccleaner etc all is closed.

Thank you for your help and stay safe!

1128910977_Screenshot(389).thumb.png.4c24729c3190e4a4eafd065792769531.png

You can't go by task manager, it doesn't account for everything.

You'll want to download process explorer from Microsoft and take a look at private working sets for each process and investigate from there.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

12 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

@RotatoGonzales  Are you sure windows is recognizing all 16 gb?   It would seem like Windows only sees 8 gb.

on ccleaner it says 16gb and in my bios it recognizes 16gb ddr4 3200

6 minutes ago, RotatoGonzales said:

on ccleaner it says 16gb and in my bios it recognizes 16gb ddr4 3200

When was the last time you scanned for malware?  I saw an article similar to your issue and it was solved by cleaning the system. The user had 2 pieces of malware hiding on the system.

12 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

You can't go by task manager, it doesn't account for everything.

You'll want to download process explorer from Microsoft and take a look at private working sets for each process and investigate from there.

is this something like a better task manager? i rly am bad at seeing these things and i even started computer science at university this year :/ 

Screenshot (391).png

@RotatoGonzales  Can I ask what the java application you are running?   It is taking up a lot of memory.

Unfortunately, the screenshot is showing only 43% usage and that amount can be counted for with the high memory usage of Opera and Java applications.  When the memory spikes back to 70+% usage, then check the process monitor to see what processes are eating up the memory.