Best GTX970 Upgrade

RobbyintheLobby

Hey there guys. I am looking for a new graphics card that could replace my Gigabyte windforce 970. I am running a ryzen 5 2600x overclocked to 3.8GHz and am willing to speng £/$300. I am not concerned if it is used or new. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for commenting! I will check around and see about price. Thanks

If you go to used market  for the price a vega 64 with a 3 fan cooler you cant go wrong, normally nvidia 1080s are a bit overpriced. 

If new get a rx5700xt devil or nitro. 

I have a vega 64 red devil and normally sits 10% performance away from the 5700xt, its a nice card, yes it uses a bit of power but if you dont care about that its fine, also if you undervolt a bit will be around 220w and thats nothing really. 

Good luck

7 minutes ago, Xkillerpn said:

If you go to used market  for the price a vega 64 with a 3 fan cooler you cant go wrong, normally nvidia 1080s are a bit overpriced. 

If new get a rx5700xt devil or nitro. 

I have a vega 64 red devil and normally sits 10% performance away from the 5700xt, its a nice card, yes it uses a bit of power but if you dont care about that its fine, also if you undervolt a bit will be around 220w and thats nothing really. 

Good luck

My PSU is 650w so I think I should be fine with 5700xt or Vega 64. I am trying to get around the same performance as 1070ti but with AMD card. Thanks for your help

1 minute ago, RobbyintheLobby said:

My PSU is 650w so I think I should be fine with 5700xt or Vega 64. I am trying to get around the same performance as 1070ti but with AMD card. Thanks for your help

Vega 64 will be better all around for the price, Unreal engine games normally strugle with amd cards so keep that in mind. Ark is a good exemplo as the fps are crap on that game. Vulkan and dx12 will be a playground

Just now, Xkillerpn said:

Vega 64 will be better all around for the price, Unreal engine games normally strugle with amd cards so keep that in mind. Ark is a good exemplo as the fps are crap on that game. Vulkan and dx12 will be a playground

Will this mean that fortnite fos will be bellow 110-120?

I dont play Fortnite but I think it gets good fps there with the dx12. 120+

From a 2 second google search I found out there is a setting in Fortnite that allows you to change between directx11 and 12 so just switch it to direct x12 if it's not the default and you should be good. Also when you get bored of playing fortnite try Warframe it's a pretty good game.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6