Worth an upgrade?

So i'm running a8.3870k + GT 730 with SAMSUNG MZ7LN256HCHP-000L7 SSD + x2 WD HDD's. All storages are running at sata 2.

Basicaly, I have decent workloads for this rig. Some old titiles, even launched Ori and the Blind Forest at stable 70fps on it. 

So I want to have decent gaming expirience, but i'm not into full AAA titles. 

I'd like to play decent games under 2016-ish year. Probably try out some new ones for me. 

Rn I'm considering upgrading to Anthlon 3000g with ddr4 support.

Chip has 2c/4t, overall better performanse than my cpu and actually seems pretty decent upgrade for me. 

It's like... x2 times faster, according to CPU-Z comparsion chart. 

I'm solid about this configuration, please don't try to change my mind and ask to run Ryzen or whatever. This will only derail topic. 

I'm considering to use GA-A320M-H and x2 DDR4-2400 4GB PC4-19200 AVIS to support this build. It also would boost up my storages, since i'm running with sata 2 here. Rn i'm using 12gb of ddr3 ram, but as far as I'm using this, no workloads actually implied any meaningfull use from it. Like, 2010-is game can grab, what, 5 gb? Chrome, 10 tabs, 6 gb? I'm not that hungry for pages tho. 

Strong argument for me was launching Witcher 2 EE with this configuration. It struggled. To say the least, my old pentium 2c laptop with 512mb vram and HD6560 (iirc) from 2009 performed way better at low specs than I expected. 

I'm not aiming to play AAA titles anysoon, just want to cath up with old ones and so on. 

So, is this even worth a shot? 

If you want to upgrade, I would say to go with at least a 4C/4T CPU. 

If budget is an issue, you would have better performance with an older i5. 

Edit: removed some stuff that was incorrect about OPs current APU being faster than their GPU

so from a bit of looking around it looks ok if your ok with second hand there are some better chips that you might be able to get at a similar price but that would involve the R word, 2200G specifically but i wont argue with you on it.

but to answer you base question yes thats better than what you have an noticeably so.

heres where i got my info

gamers nexus also have a review of the chip and a $370 pc using the chip too 

https://www.techspot.com/review/1943-amd-athlon-3000g/

GN review 

GN budget build 

I would say that the Athlon is a great choice, although the motherboard compatibility is important. I believe MSI makes an A320 MAX motherboard, which would be compatible. Although, if you had another way to guarantee compatibility, like a friend lending a CPU for an update, that would work quite well. I also recommend some dual channel memory, hopefully you have plans to use more than 4GB, since it will improve performance quite a lot. 2666 is about the lowest I'd pair with a Ryzen CPU like that 3000G.

Fortunately, you can sell your GT 730, since the integrated graphics would be as good or better.

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650

If you're tight on budget you can get a used i5 + decent gpu(rx570) pc. Shouldnt cost more than $350.